GDT: NHL Outdoors | FLYERS (A) vs. Bruins (H) | Sunday, Feb. 21 | 7:30 pm ET | NBCSN, SN, SN1, TVAS

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The mountains and the sunset in the background look like a video game environment.

It’s absolutely jaw dropping.

They should do more games out there going forward.

Lake Louise would be gorgeous for a game as well.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
What a stunning view.

The NHL needs to play games here every year.

That'd be great.

It's ideal this year, since the home team doesn't have to worry about losing revenue since there are no fans anyway. But will there be a team willing to do that when fans are back in arenas? Even makeshift stands with limited, high price seating wouldn't make a dent in the revenue from a normal home game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Flyers are legit terrible this season, I’ve no idea how they have the record they do because every time I watch them they’re hemmed in their own end.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
That'd be great.

It's ideal this year, since the home team doesn't have to worry about losing revenue since there are no fans anyway. But will there be a team willing to do that when fans are back in arenas? Even makeshift stands with limited, high price seating wouldn't make a dent in the revenue from a normal home game.

That's definitely going to be a factor unfortunately. Honestly hate the stadium games though. The views are bad. This has been a much better way to showcase the game in an outdoor setting. It's too bad the rescheduling will result in fewer views for these games. It's a question of how much value all these spectacular visuals are worth for growing and promoting the game.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Flyers are legit terrible this season, I’ve no idea how they have the record they do because every time I watch them they’re hemmed in their own end.

Though this game with half the forwards out isn't a real good example, they still have basically their full defense and starting goalie...and even when they're healthy, it's not that much better. They do not move the puck up ice well at all. Hart is a pretty horrible puckhandler, but the defense is stacked with good puckmovers: Gostisbehere, Gustaffson, Sanheim, Provorov, and Myers are all decent-to-excellent skaters with good-to-excellent skill. The scheme just seems to not take advantage of that at all, and they have no goddamn idea how to get it consistently through the neutral zone. They end up with very little sustained pressure of their own that way.

It's odd, because their actual offense is pretty good on the rush or in the rare event it's set up in zone. But the trio of Vigneault, Therrien, and Yeo seem to have no goddamn idea how to get there.

Reactions: Paul4587

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad