GDT: NHL Outdoors | Colorado Vs Vegas | 2/20/21 3ET | NBC, SN, SN1, TVAS

John Strachan

Jan 5, 2021
FYI:
The game is being played at Edgewood Lake Tahoe Resort, Stateline, Nevada (SE Side of Lake Tahoe, about 1/2 km North of Nevada / California stateline)

The ice surface is just NW of the small lake that looks like a mushroom:

Google Maps
State-line. This is how they have managed to skirt the California quarantine rules. Beautiful setting, I wouldn’t mind outdoor games as much if they didn’t have to worry about crowds. But everyone that skis S Lake Tahoe has probably experienced that when the sun is shining in Lake Tahoe, snow and ice conditions start softening up.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I wonder if they should have put this game in Prime Time. I mean a 5:30 PM start (8:30 PM EST) might have helped as you get the sunset and then the lights can take effect. The setting is nice, but that Ice looks chewed up already.
Ya gotta think they might delay the restart of this one and change tomorrow’s start time (weather dependant)

Reactions: saffronleaf

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I also noticed earlier in the week they pushed the the game tomorrow up an hour. Was there a reason for that? Based on today, maybe they should put tomorrow's game in Prime Time.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It really sounds like they are going to have to postpone the rest of this game until the sun goes down.

I would not be shocked if the Philly-Boston game tomorrow is delayed within the hour.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Ya gotta think they might delay the restart of this one and change tomorrow’s start time (weather dependant)
There's definitely going to be a delay as they haven't started the 18 minute intermission clock yet.

Those replays of players hitting ruts are not good. Someone could easily blow something out and get seriously hurt.

Reactions: brentashton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad