GDT: NHL Outdoors | Colorado Vs Vegas | 2/20/21 3ET | NBC, SN, SN1, TVAS

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Cool scene. Can see some snowy mountaintops in the background of ice level replays.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
same. The glare and the very contrasting shadows are a little distracting. I almost think they should switch ends for half of the first period, like they’ve done in the past in the third period due to wind.
Why? Play one full period each direction the first 2 periods, then switch in the middle of the 3rd to keep the directions/wind even. If wind shifting during a period is a concern best not play outside to begin with!

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Didnt even know Nevada has snow like that, im stupid.

edit: northern nevada, but still. when i think of nevada i think of vegas and heat
You can see snow on the mountains (specifically Mount Charleston) from the Vegas valley every winter. It just doesn't snow in the city as often (usually once a year) but it did this year. More of it in the Northwest but at least a little all over the city.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Why? Play one full period each direction the first 2 periods, then switch in the middle of the 3rd to keep the directions/wind even. If wind shifting during a period is a concern best not play outside to begin with!

not for the wind, but change sides due to the glare. It’s likely to change a little bit so they should even it up while they can. Or maybe they’re expecting the entire second period to be just as bright, i have no idea

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
not for the wind, but change sides due to the glare. It’s likely to change a little bit so they should even it up while they can. Or maybe they’re expecting the entire second period to be just as bright, i have no idea
Agree to disagree. The way it's being done is the fairest way possible imo. Cheers.
Splitting a period exactly in 2 without disrupting the flow of the game with a possibly unnecessary whistle is also not great.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad