Confirmed with Link: NHL & NHLPA Reach tentative agreement on 56 game schedule

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
We can keep Dell on the taxi squad and not risk waivers for him. That's huge.

He is going to need waivers regardless, unless we are keeping him on the main roster (which is not going to happen).

Washington will probably claim him too.

Reactions: TheDoldrums

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Also wouldn't having the taxi squad having to go through waivers to join the team kind of defeat the purpose if you need them for covid reasons? Have to bring in 5 players in an emergency because of Covid but oops 2 of them got claimed and are heading to Anaheim now.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
So 4-6 extras? Goalie is obvious. Just a matter of going with the extra either at forward or on the blueline? (2 and 1, or 3 and 2, depending)

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Ya, with a Canadian division, winning the Canadian division should be easier than winning the Atlantic (no Boston & TBL). I think its the four top teams from each division that go into the playoffs, so if we can bag lots of points in a softer division, then maybe we take the #1 seed and square against the #8 seed (depends on how they structure it). Can't see the conditions getting any more favourable than they are now.

Last edited:

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Can't wait... Leafs should have a legitimate chance at getting to the 3rd round this year... and the taxi squad is a huge plus for them.

Go Leafs Go

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Thats pretty big for us. The depth we have signed will come in handy.

What I like about it as well is that there may be a rule that guys on the taxi squads can only go so long without playing. So no wasting development years of guys careers like we did with Corrado/Leivo/Carrick etc..

I doubt Keefe woild do that anyways but its better for the players to know they'll be getting in eventually as well.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Taxi squad is optimal for us. We can load manage several players (Thornton, Spezza, Bogosian, Liljegren, Sanding, Robertson) while keeping them up with the big club.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Boys you know, I have no evidence in support of this claim but I think we’re going to win this year. Dunno? Feels right.

lol, I like your optimism. In Leaf Land those are famous last words though.

I've said it a couple of time pre-cap days, usually after trade deadline day. Felt most confident in 2002 and declared it as you did, with more certainty in fact. Go look at that Carolina series that started with a win and ended with constant OT misery.

It turns out I sat on a throne of lies...

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
lol, I like your optimism. In Leaf Land those are famous last words though.

I've said it a couple of time pre-cap days, usually after trade deadline day. Felt most confident in 2002 and declared it as you did, with more certainty in fact. Go look at that Carolina series that started with a win and ended with constant OT misery.

It turns out I sat on a throne of lies...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Leafsfan74

Alamo Leafer

Help end animal cruelty
Sep 12, 2018
Gatineau, QC
So glad we may actually see some hockey soon.

For some bizarre reason, this just crossed my mind.
If given a choice:
Leafs game first or Covid vaccine?!
So confused :huh:
:D

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Ya, with a Canadian division, winning the Canadian division should be easier than winning the Atlantic (no Boston & TBL). I think its the four top teams from each division that go into the playoffs, so if we can bag lots of points in a softer division, then maybe we take the #1 seed and square against the #8 seed (depends on how they structure it). Can't see the conditions getting any more favourable than they are now.

Agreed, there's no excuse for this team not to make the Stanley Cup semi-finals. From what I read it's actually a team from each division that makes the Stanley Cup semi-finals, then they reseed based on points.

I do think waivers should not be in effect for the taxi-squad. If a teams AHL team is in another country, they're going to have to be very reliant on their taxi squad for callups, and once guys get picked off their taxi squad will thin out. I also wonder if a team like ours could callup a player from the Marlies before one of the players on the Taxi Squad, since they're luckily both in Toronto?

Say Martin Marincin was on the taxi squad as an emergency backup defender, similar to the case with David Ayres as a Zamboni Driver and emergency backup goalie; but we really want to callup Sandin but still have him get playing time with the Marlies... could we have him leapfrog back and forth from Marlies to Leafs over the taxi squad?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Two questions from someone who hasn't really been paying attention:

- I know about this Canadian division, any ideas on what the others are?
- Are all regular season games going to be divisional?

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Two questions from someone who hasn't really been paying attention:

- I know about this Canadian division, any ideas on what the others are?
- Are all regular season games going to be divisional?

From What I understand, the Canadian division is in negotiation with the local provincial authorities, since they will be in violation of the local lockdown rules

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad