Confirmed with Link: NHL & NHLPA Reach tentative agreement on 56 game schedule

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The point of the post you're quoting is that you can find arbitrary buckets to make any point you want. You're just creating another set of buckets, but I've created buckets as well and they paint different pictures. As such, bucketing is not a helpful way to highlight strength of opposition.

Average wins of Canadian opponents last season: 33.6
Average wins of US opponents last season: 34.6

Average strength of competition is going to look similar, and the young Canadian teams are only getting better.

You can look at it different ways.

My thought process was:
Step 1 - Are we away from TBL & Boston = Yep, good.
Step 2 - Look at the other divisions and then compare to our own (Canadian). East and West divisions looked tough. Central looked like it was OK until you got to TBL & Dallas. Carolina isn't bad either. Then I looked at ours and thought, hmm - that's not that bad or too tough.

Each to his own though I suppose.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
If all of Ontario is under lockdown for the next few weeks, then how would the government allow Leafs and Sens to play in their home markets to start the season? Oh right, they probably will because none of what the government is doing makes any sense whatsoever.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006

Not sure if those will be our first games too. We might start before.

Doubt the league will only schedule the Leafs for one game on the 13th based on the mini-series format they're mentioning. And they certainly won't be playing four games in a row from the 13th to 16th. So I'd imagine that'll be the Leafs' first pair of games.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Doubt the league will only schedule the Leafs for one game on the 13th based on the mini-series format they're mentioning. And they certainly won't be playing four games in a row from the 13th to 16th. So I'd imagine that'll be the Leafs' first pair of games.

We probably open the season against Montreal. I can't remember the last time the Leafs weren't the season opener.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Good point but looks like Leafs will play on opening night

Interesting. Thanks for that. Suppose it makes sense they keep with opening night tradition vs. the Habs, as with the fact that the flight to Ottawa is intra-province.

Now, I guess the big question is -- will the provincial government give the green light for this to even occur?!

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Interesting. Thanks for that. Suppose it makes sense they keep with opening night tradition vs. the Habs, as with the fact that the flight to Ottawa is intra-province.

Now, I guess the big question is -- will the provincial government give the green light for this to even occur?!
Insiders believe Ontario, Quebec will allow it. BC is the tough one.
Awesome. I'm more excited for this than Christmas dinner.... and I love Christmas dinner.
I don't celebrate Christmas so can't relate lol

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
How could the NHL risk unveiling plans for the season to the public without the certainty that the Canadian provinces will go along with it? If BC is the only holdout, I suppose they could be hosted in another part of Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad