NHL News/Notes XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Does this mean Florida's going to become a cap team? Cuz I can't see how spending $6M on Quenneville helps if you're going to cheap out on players like Smith and Marchessault because you can't afford to spend to the cap.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Gackle out here going way inside...

They are bad tweets but he was also 19 and 20 when he said it while being in juniors and the ECHL respectively. This isn't something you ought to casually tweet about like he's doing. Either actually report on it and publish it or keep it private and tell the people that matter about it and handle it privately. This is just lame on Gackle's part.

Reactions: WSS11

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
They are bad tweets but he was also 19 and 20 when he said it while being in juniors and the ECHL respectively. This isn't something you ought to casually tweet about like he's doing. Either actually report on it and publish it or keep it private and tell the people that matter about it and handle it privately. This is just lame on Gackle's part.

TL;dr version: Typical dick move by Gackle even if Binnington was wrong to tweet those things back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
LA drops to 5th. I hope Chicago didn't get the 1st, but all I really wanted was LA to not get it.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Rangers and Hawks in the Top-3. Edmonton getting McDavid.
So obvious the league is corrupt.

Why can't they actually show the lottery drawing process?

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I totally don't mind NJ and NYR getting #1 and #2. Kaako vs Hughes is gonna beef up that rivalry.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
If LA sucks again next year i am 100 percent certain they will win the lotto. Because glory to the big markets.

Also, since gackle decided to tweet mine what someone said as more or less a kid, I really hope someone digs into his past and publishes emberrassing personal conversations, affairs and other crazy stuff. Not doxing him, just emberrassing him. I am over "journalists" being this shitty. We all said stupid stuff as a kid, and it's time journalists paid the piper any of us would if did that.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
My only concern is that Kakko makes NYR a more enticing destination for Erik Karlsson.

But Finns and Swedes hate each other. :sarcasm:

I'm just glad that the Ducks are like 9th and the only "worrisome" markets that Bowen Byram could end up in are Chicago @ 3 (highly unlikely) or LA @ 5 (seems a little unlikely too). I'm more or less OK with him going to Colorado, Detroit, or Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad