NHL Networks: Behind the Glass

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve got to get into the exact exchange.....

AV: I didn’t think [Stewart] was very good last night.

Yeo: He wasn’t. He wasn’t. But I haven’t seen anyone even come close to him.​

giphy.gif

If Yeobastank means he hasn’t seen any players come close because Stewart is so far behind the others’ pace of play, right on right on. Or no one has come close to 3rd line EIHL caliber, then huzzah.

I’m still in desperate search for his physicality. He’s gotten knocked off the puck like he’s Taylor Leier. He’s taken more big hits than he’s given. He has been unable to forecheck. HockeyGuys are where logic goes to die. I might have to apologize to Vigneault if this whole cinnamon roll mentality is Fletcher’s sugary torch.

Gabriel is basically Rudy.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Absolutely devoid of content, few platitudes and that's it. G has a sweet ride is my only take away.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I’ve got to get into the exact exchange.....

AV: I didn’t think [Stewart] was very good last night.

Yeo: He wasn’t. He wasn’t. But I haven’t seen anyone even come close to him.​

giphy.gif

If Yeobastank means he hasn’t seen any players come close because Stewart is so far behind the others’ pace of play, right on right on. Or no one has come close to 3rd line EIHL caliber, then huzzah.

I’m still in desperate search for his physicality. He’s gotten knocked off the puck like he’s Taylor Leier. He’s taken more big hits than he’s given. He has been unable to forecheck. HockeyGuys are where logic goes to die. I might have to apologize to Vigneault if this whole cinnamon roll mentality is Fletcher’s sugary torch.

Haha that was puzzling

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Is there a more iconic duo than the Flyers & the past?
Peanut butter and jelly, i think that's about it.

A decade or two ago, maybe, Rocky & Bullwinkle competing with Tom & Jerry.

About the show, entertaining enough. Giroux lives in Philly somewhere, that looked like washington square west'ish, the shots of him crossing the bridge give it away, cause we all know the facility is in Jersey.

Also, Carter Hart looked like he was shopping at the whole foods on south street. Those stores all look alike'ish, but yeah. Crazy to think I'm an acme guy so i'd miss him, but my wife likes whole foods better, so there's a chance (but she's honestly a trader joe's kinda person.)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKingPin

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA

About the show, entertaining enough. Giroux lives in Philly somewhere, that looked like washington square west'ish, the shots of him crossing the bridge give it away, cause we all know the facility is in Jersey.

Also, Carter Hart looked like he was shopping at the whole foods on south street. Those stores all look alike'ish, but yeah. Crazy to think I'm an acme guy so i'd miss him, but my wife likes whole foods better, so there's a chance (but she's honestly a trader joe's kinda person.)

Good point on the practice facility in jersey. I lived in Washington square. I am unaware of a garage like that. But the building I am thinking about comes with black car service.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia

I was watching with my girlfriend and she screams. " THAT'S WHERE YOU SHOP!"

100% South street whole foods. I will forever keep an eye out for him now.

Sometimes I see Danny Briere at same whole foods

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017

I was watching with my girlfriend and she screams. " THAT'S WHERE YOU SHOP!"

100% South street whole foods. I will forever keep an eye out for him now.

Sometimes I see Danny Briere at same whole foods

Me on my next trip to Whole Foods in South Philly

giphy.gif

How the hell can Carter afford to shop at Whole Foods on an entry level contract?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
"Chris Stewart spent last season playing in England ..."

Five seconds later:

"There was a spot here for a player of my caliber."

There was a spot here, you see, for a player worthy of playing in Great Britain.

I am ready to die now. RIP.

And by the way, we spent the last four years kicking the **** out of the draft, and for some ****ing inconceivable reason, we go and scrape the gunk off the back of Minnesota's toilet. Curtis Gabriel? **** off.

AND STOP TALKING TO BUNNY, YOU HELMET!

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Stewart still doesn’t have a contract.

Frost can’t play the same game right now in the NHL he played in juniors. They don’t want him playing 8 minutes a night against big strong men on the 4th line in the NHL when he can develop in the AHL in a scoring role.

Farabee’s game & strength are clearly more advanced & mature, & he’s making it.

NAK offers nothing at the NHL level, as evidenced by his waiver clear. If he weren’t a former 2nd rd pick no one would have cared about him. Definition of dime a dozen.

Twarynski & Bumnaman so far showed they can play a physical, energetic, wall-strong, crash & bang limited minute 4th line role. And they want a line like that. But it’s not etched in stone they’ll stay any more than Vorobyev last year.

There are a contingent who hold excessive biases against big physical players. They hated Tom Wilson’s contract, which I had to be being “contrarian” to defend. They also apparently haven’t been paying close attention to recent NHL playoffs.

Makes them feel smarter to pretend games are played on spreadsheets & to magnify the value of Corsi while viewing it in a vacuum. And to scoff at physicality and size having any value whatsoever, lest you be an antiquated, low-IQ dinosaur, playoff results be damned. The truth is, as with most things, it lies somewhere in the middle. Size & physicality are beneficial, but you need a balance of a lot of different elements, & no one’s saying there’s room for Dan Kordic anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad