NHL Networks: Behind the Glass

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I am curious to see if AV comments on Hagg in any of these episodes. People say on the Rangers he always played Glass and players like him but I don't think they had the talent in the system that the Flyers have right now. I am hoping since the first episode shown AV saying Stewart was not good that he does the same with Hagg. He does seem like a smart coach that'll play the right players if they are available to him.

If Hagg plays however hopefully he can learn how to outlet pass and not take himself out of position all the time for a hit. I just don't see him starting if Myers is healthy. Morin should easily be over Hagg as well.

Reactions: IronMarshal

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Myers hasn’t been playing the way they want. That simple. There isn’t a gaping difference between Hagg, Myers, & Morin right now. People just don’t want to believe it. If physical talent meant everything, JaMarcus Russell would be in the HOF, not out of the NFL after 3 seasons.

Fans love the mystery box & dreaming of potential. Coaches are trying to win games now & install a system where everyone executes what’s taught in an effort for the team to exceed the sum of its parts. You better be DAMN good, like Allen Iverson, to play if you aren’t following what is being coached. If you’re not dominating, but fighting for final roster spots, you better be doing what the coach wants. The difference between these guys isn’t anywhere near as huge as fans think. I mean fans got up in arms about NAK & Roman Lyubimov, for God’s sake.

It’s Peter Griffin with the mystery box.

Reactions: AnimalFear

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Myers hasn’t been playing the way they want. That simple. There isn’t a gaping difference between Hagg, Myers, & Morin right now. People just don’t want to believe it. If physical talent meant everything, JaMarcus Russell would be in the HOF, not out of the NFL after 3 seasons.

Fans love the mystery box & dreaming of potential. Coaches are trying to win games now & install a system where everyone executes what’s taught in an effort for the team to exceed the sum of its parts. You better be DAMN good, like Allen Iverson, to play if you aren’t following what is being coached. If you’re not dominating, but fighting for final roster spots, you better be doing what the coach wants. The difference between these guys isn’t anywhere near as huge as fans think. I mean fans got up in arms about NAK & Roman Lyubimov, for God’s sake.

It’s Peter Griffin with the mystery box.

Would I rather have a player that is complete and utter shit and always will be utter shit or a player that is utter shit but has potential to not be utter shit?

Hmm... that's a tough one.

It's as simple as that. We are wasting time playing a player that has little to no room for improvement while there are other options out there that do have that potential.

Last edited:

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I think Myers/Morin are better then Hagg easily because Hagg gets out of position all the time and he still cannot complete a pass. Also, last season when Patrick got run into the boards by Gabriel Hagg just stood there and watched and waited till TK came over to get involved. For such a "physical" player he doesn't get involved much outside of soft hits. I consider Provy/Ghost/Niskanen/Braun/Myers/Morin all to be more hard nosed then Hagg.

Reactions: Rebels57

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Just watched it (YT), liking what I see from AV so far, feel like a bit too much fringe player focus though.. Love the insights into the daily lives and routines of the players. For whatever reason I always find it enjoyable to see the parallels between everyday people and pros or celebs.

G and I are very similar it turns out, minus the money, the fame, the hockey skills, the Bentley and the red hair. We're both regular guys otherwise, lol

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Finally watched this myself.

Nothing really of note outside that staff's focus on wanting a Stewart/Gabriel type on the roster. That's a bit disappointing, but ultimately may not be a big deal. We'll see.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
Another episode tonight. With them showing on the first episode AV saying Stewart was not good I will have hope that they don’t edit too many things out like that.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
The Flyers are turning into the wild
But without the good players
tenor.gif

Reactions: Domino666

Shakey Graves

Jun 10, 2019
South Jersey
I'm not asking for a link or anything, but if anyone has this actual recording, please upload this to a torrent site. I've been looking, but no one seems to have uploaded it yet. I would love to keep this forever digitally.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
It does seem like AV wants the young guys to make the roster but he wants them to earn it.
The discussion of Frost was very telling as to that. He plainly called out the injury slowing his ability to evaluate Frost and then said he felt he needed time in the AHL. You don't even mention the injury if it wasn't factoring in.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad