NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
giphy.gif

GM Doug: My pick! I slept through it!

spongedoubt.gif

GM Doug: Whew, looks like I didn't miss anything. What categories are left?
Dustin Byfuglien: Is there a category for player who makes the best cartoon gif? Because you could pick me.
giphy.gif

GM Doug: No duplicates.
DB: Weaksauce.
GM Doug: Nope, I'm going for TV character.
DB: The good shows are all taken.
GM Doug: Far from true. In fact, this character is from one of the most renowned shows of all time and none of these savages picked it.
DB: Didn't you pick a show already?
GM Doug: Yes, this was my other choice.
DB: You know, that's how some good options falls in the draft. Look at me, I went 245th overall.
GM Doug: Anyway, it's time to pick. Gonna just whistle my way up to the podium.
DB: If that has some significance, I do not know what it is.

GM Doug: The Chimpanzees are proud to select with their TV character pick, Omar Little from The Wire.
omar-comin-gif-7.gif

DB: Sheeeeeeeeeeit.
GM Doug: No, that was Clay Davis who said that. This is Omar! Step to me now Helle, I got a guy on payroll with a sawed off that knows how to use it! BOOM!
tumblr_oktxorHQAI1qfeqsqo1_400.gifv

a828f4d67978602f51966f24c81c81c5.gif

(Whoever was up before is still up.)

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
giphy.gif

GM Doug: My pick! I slept through it!

spongedoubt.gif

GM Doug: Whew, looks like I didn't miss anything. What categories are left?
Dustin Byfuglien: Is there a category for player who makes the best cartoon gif? Because you could pick me.
giphy.gif

GM Doug: No duplicates.
DB: Weaksauce.
GM Doug: Nope, I'm going for TV character.
DB: The good shows are all taken.
GM Doug: Far from true. In fact, this character is from one of the most renowned shows of all time and none of these savages picked it.
DB: Didn't you pick a show already?
GM Doug: Yes, this was my other choice.
DB: You know, that's how some good options falls in the draft. Look at me, I went 245th overall.
GM Doug: Anyway, it's time to pick. Gonna just whistle my way up to the podium.
DB: If that has some significance, I do not know what it is.

GM Doug: The Chimpanzees are proud to select with their TV character pick, Omar Little from The Wire.
omar-comin-gif-7.gif

DB: Sheeeeeeeeeeit.
GM Doug: No, that was Clay Davis who said that. This is Omar! Step to me now Helle, I got a guy on payroll with a sawed off that knows how to use it! BOOM!
tumblr_oktxorHQAI1qfeqsqo1_400.gifv

a828f4d67978602f51966f24c81c81c5.gif

(Whoever was up before is still up.)
Yay. He was on my short list. Glad he was picked. :thumbu:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning to my man Phil Harmonica and his trumpet players, the Horndogs, and also to you nerds, I guess.

fd1PgxG.png

We start the morning with @pit on the clock, followed by me, followed by @DancingPanther, followed by @Magua, followed by @Lord Defect, and so on.

I checked the schedule, right, because I wanted to see how much longer those f***ers could interfere with Asian Cinema Night. Last night was Day 2 of the NFL Draft - that's an OK thing to sacrifice ACN for, because @JojoTheWhale and @FLYguy3911 are dropping knowledge and I am learning. The Flyers? Not so f***ing much. Anyway, I checked the schedule and those confused bastards can only interfere with ACN two more times - next Friday and next Saturday. It's pure misery to have a whole nuther back-to-back like that, especially against the Craps, but check this out - the following Monday is the last day of the season. All we have to do is make it through tonight, and then there are only eight more sleeps until we put that carcass back in its coffin and flush it back down the Wells Fargo-sized toilet to rest in stench until the autumn, thank almighty f***.

So what I am saying is pick and choose and shop, and then before you know it, the shackles will be shat into the ether and we will be free.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
5acd0eb8e00c3.image.0.jpg

GM Doug: Let me ask you something Mike.
Screen_Shot_2016-09-06_at_9.35.03_AM.png

Mike Sullivan: Do I have to?
GM Doug: Yes, I'm your boss.
MS: Ugh, then why even ask?
GM Doug: Because I'm a nice guy. So listen Mike, how much do you trust the people that run this league?
MS: I'm more worried about the people running this team so I don't think about the league too much. Why?
GM Doug: Well, I've been reading up on Urban Legends and now, you know, I feel a bit...
MS: Paranoid?
GM Doug: WHO TOLD YOU THAT? WHO SAID I'M PARANOID?!
MS: Woah, chill out Doug.
GM Doug: Sorry, sorry, bit on edge. Anyway, who is to say those crafty bastards won't do something in the future to cross over categories?
MS: I don't follow.
GM Doug: Something messed up like one of your categories now plays for your team or something.
MS: I don't know, seems a bit far-fetched that they wou-
GM Doug: Exactly, that's how they get you. Do the research man.
MS: I'm just going to go get some breakfast now...
GM Doug: Be careful man. I read birds aren't real. And if birds aren't real, then what are eggs? Huh? HUH?
MS: Later freakazoid. Don't forget your tinfoil hat.
GM Doug: Good call.
tenor.gif

GM Doug: The Chimpanzees are pleased to select an Urban Myth that with its size could step right into our lineup tomorrow. We choose Bigfoot.

@Captain Dave Poulin . It's your turn. Or is it?

Last edited:

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
5acd0eb8e00c3.image.0.jpg

GM Doug: Let me ask you something Mike.
Screen_Shot_2016-09-06_at_9.35.03_AM.png

Mike Sullivan: Do I have to?
GM Doug: Yes, I'm your boss.
MS: Ugh, then why even ask?
GM Doug: Because I'm a nice guy. So listen Mike, how much do you trust the people that run this league?
MS: I'm more worried about the people running this team so I don't think about the league too much. Why?
GM Doug: Well, I've been reading up on Urban Legends and now, you know, I feel a bit...
MS: Paranoid?
GM Doug: WHO TOLD YOU THAT? WHO SAID I'M PARANOID?!
MS: Woah, chill out Doug.
GM Doug: Sorry, sorry, bit on edge. Anyway, who is to say those crafty bastards won't do something in the future to cross over categories?
MS: I don't follow.
GM Doug: Something messed up like one of your categories now plays for your team or something.
MS: I don't know, seems a bit far-fetched that they wou-
GM Doug: Exactly, that's how they get you. Do the research man.
MS: I'm just going to go get some breakfast now...
GM Doug: Be careful man. I read birds aren't real. And if birds aren't real, then what are eggs? Huh? HUH?
MS: Later freakazoid. Don't forget your tinfoil hat.
GM Doug: Good call.
tenor.gif

GM Doug: The Chimpanzees are pleased to select an Urban Myth that with its size could step right into our lineup tomorrow. We choose Bigfoot.

@Captain Dave Poulin . It's your turn. Or is it?
upload_2021-5-1_10-31-4.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's not super fair for me to choose a category, since I do that half of the time with impunity anyway, but in the end it all benefits the "group," like Alain's coaching. I'm going to pick my favorite category that hasn't been launched yet, especially because it is going to cause problems for all the illiterates.

Team Category - Standalone Book

(can't be by an author who was already chosen, no duplicates, etc.)

@DancingPanther

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
It's not super fair for me to choose a category, since I do that half of the time with impunity anyway, but in the end it all benefits the "group," like Alain's coaching. I'm going to pick my favorite category that hasn't been launched yet, especially because it is going to cause problems for all the illiterates.

@DancingPanther
Great category. Time to weed out the illiterates

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

@DancingPanther
Your qualifier of standalone implies specific books within a series are not eligible, is this correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce