NHL investigating Coyotes over physical testing of CHL players

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Just facing fines

And an awkward conversation with your owner.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Just facing fines

And an awkward conversation with your owner.
I cant imagine the GM will be in good standing with the Owner of he wants to change Coaching Staff, eat some money to get rid of Vets this summer, and now might get levied some significant fines.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Dreger said that the junior leagues asked their teams to report any contact and some teams said there was (presumably with the Coyotes).

Multiple teams/players, too. Meruelo will be fuming.

250k per incident.

I actually like this because it shows how proactive they are rather than Don Maloney picking up a central scouting list and going "ahh yes I recognize that name, father was a decent player"

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Not sure if Dreger is correct or if NHL will want a pound of flesh but he suggested $250K per incident.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I also wouldn't be surprised if Chayka was pushing a grey area rule aka not testing the players but rather looking to buy internal data from teams that they keep on their own players.

Reactions: ck26

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Putting my money on Lindsay Hofford and his development school being a part of this.

There's presumably no rule barring transmission of data from a camp like this to NHL teams, either for free or for money, so I don't know how they'd nail Hofford despite his dual roles.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
There's presumably no rule barring transmission of data from a camp like this to NHL teams, either for free or for money, so I don't know how they'd nail Hofford despite his dual roles.
I highly doubt the NHL will see it that way? Or really what's the point of their rule.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They're going to plead "grey area, and the NHL is going to give us a fine less than the maximum. Still dumb to press your luck circumventing the rules this way. "We didn't test them! Honest!"

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
I cant imagine the GM will be in good standing with the Owner of he wants to change Coaching Staff, eat some money to get rid of Vets this summer, and now might get levied some significant fines.

He'll be in worse standing if we miss the playoffs, no?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Feel like this probably is a case where a GM tries to get a competitive advantage by testing out a grey area and gets caught. A very Patriots type of move

Reactions: Jakey53

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
We don't even know exactly what happened. Everyone is jumping to conclusions.
The question was "he'll be in worse standing if we miss the playoffs, no?" I guess you are correct we don't know if we miss the playoffs yet?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yeah. Curious if meeting a potential pick at the gym for a conversation over a workout or if AZ was bringing in a full team of people to work a prospect out for proper fitness testing. For example: V02 max machines just don’t materialize at GoodLife Fitness. It’s not just a couple of guys and an exercise bike bought on Craig’s List.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad