GDT: NHL Global Series: Sweden 2023 | Nov 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th | Detroit, Minnesota, Ottawa, Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
That is harsh take. Quite many people do not afford those prices. I went to some games when tickets were about 85 dollars.
I paid 150 GBP for prime tickets. It was a relatively cheap night out. If you cannot find 16000 (minus the tourists) people 4 times in a year to buy them, it's not a real hockey market.

Sweden has a comparable median GDP to Canada and the US. It'd not like people don't have the money.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I am looking at production only and I thought they were doing better than they are. IMO Faber should be good for 40 pts and Rossi 50 a season. So many guys in the NHL are producing at well over 60 pt pace when they shouldn't be close to that talent wise.

No. The prices are bullshit and the sooner fans stop going to games the sooner they will have to bring them down to a reasonable price.
Sorry, market forces set the tickets prices. It a relatively simple yielding formula.

What does a concert/nice dinner out/theatre tickets cost? Hockey is by no means an outlier in terms of premium entertainment.

I am also very happy that NA fans shell out so much more than Euro fans. That is why we get effectively the "Champions League" and they get the leftovers.

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
I paid 150 GBP for prime tickets. It was a relatively cheap night out. If you cannot find 16000 (minus the tourists) people 4 times in a year to buy them, it's not a real hockey market.

Sweden has a comparable median GDP to Canada and the US. It'd not like people don't have the money.
The games were not sold out. Have been less empty seats when tickets less pricy. Most sections actually cost 220 dollars. No event is worth that kind of money. As I said before, it is tough times in Sweden with very expensive living costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad