NHL Gamecenter Live - Review/Discussion

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Pretty frustrated. Already been a week and i have applied twice - still no answer from Hockey Streams.

Does GCL subscription is for regular season only?

I just applied to test it and got accepted right away, I wonder why they aren't accepting yours?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I just applied to test it and got accepted right away, I wonder why they aren't accepting yours?

hmm, interesting. I will try another email although i think it may be due to the region? idk. I asked them and they weren`t speaking a lot just said to check junk mail. Thanks fr input.
Where you are gcl should also work through the playoffs unless somebody in your local market is televising the games.
Oh ok. I think it should work then more or less. I saw one local provider in their list (Viasat) although i think they are not showing a lot of games. Are you able to watch the ''local'' market teams on demand at least?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Oh ok. I think it should work then more or less. I saw one local provider in their list (Viasat) although i think they are not showing a lot of games. Are you able to watch the ''local'' market teams on demand at least?

I believe so but it is something like a 48 hour delay before you can see it. This is my first year with gcl so I'm learning as I go myself.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I believe so but it is something like a 48 hour delay before you can see it. This is my first year with gcl so I'm learning as I go myself.
I think that's a North American only thing (or it didn't apply to Australia at least) as I had no issues accessing games on demand the same day they were broadcast on TV over here.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
you could always save your pennies and google atdhe.

i recommend doing it on another browser though, preferably chrome + ******* because it will ask to install an extension antivirus didnt mind whatever got installed but use at your own risk. ice shuts them down periodically so they have to change servers from time to time, but if you google them you will find something. its all live, home and away casts.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
you could always save your pennies and google atdhe.

i recommend doing it on another browser though, preferably chrome + ******* because it will ask to install an extension antivirus didnt mind whatever got installed but use at your own risk. ice shuts them down periodically so they have to change servers from time to time, but if you google them you will find something. its all live, home and away casts.
Quality sucks and no on demand

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Thanks for help everyone! I used another email and got a response from hockeystreams pretty fast. Will do the registering this night (still have about 30h left for registering)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Really dissapointed witht the hockeystreams - the player just shows ''initializing'' for on demand games. Not showing the game at all.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
So I got Gamecenter and have no idea how to make it work on my ps3. I had the app already on my ps3 but when I tried to open it it would say something about copyright and system activation (even though my email and password for the Playstation network is exactly the same as my Gamecenter account). So I deleted it and now when I goto the Playstation store and search for the app nothing comes up. Can anyone help?

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
So I got Gamecenter and have no idea how to make it work on my ps3. I had the app already on my ps3 but when I tried to open it it would say something about copyright and system activation (even though my email and password for the Playstation network is exactly the same as my Gamecenter account). So I deleted it and now when I goto the Playstation store and search for the app nothing comes up. Can anyone help?

Not sure if it's related but both my Sony Blu-ray player and Sony TV quit updating the daily games. It got stuck on some random day and that was that. I gave Gamecenter a call and apparently it's a common issue with Sony products. They were pretty helpful even though they couldn't fix the issue so you might wanna call them up.

I haven't checked to see if it's been fixed. I'm watching F1 right now so I'll come back and update when I find out.

EDIT: Looks like they fixed it. You can disregard most of what I said lol

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

There's a MB thread about GCL where everybody reports issues. I tend to ignore problems on systems I don't run, but I believe PS3 has been one of the bigger problems.

FWIW, I've tested it on my ipad and iphone and they both seem to work fine. But so far (and probably forever), I only watch the games via a web browser and an HDMI cable to the TV. I've watched live, I've watched archived, and I've watched a game right after it ended. All scenarios worked fine although the archive sucks in that it shows you how long the game took which pretty much tells you if it went OT or SO. But I've never had a problem making it work, going that route. Is there a "knock on wood" emoticon? :laugh:

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
There's a MB thread about GCL where everybody reports issues. I tend to ignore problems on systems I don't run, but I believe PS3 has been one of the bigger problems.

FWIW, I've tested it on my ipad and iphone and they both seem to work fine. But so far (and probably forever), I only watch the games via a web browser and an HDMI cable to the TV. I've watched live, I've watched archived, and I've watched a game right after it ended. All scenarios worked fine although the archive sucks in that it shows you how long the game took which pretty much tells you if it went OT or SO. But I've never had a problem making it work, going that route. Is there a "knock on wood" emoticon? :laugh:

Whatever **** it. It seems to be working on my Macbook and I have an HDMI cable as well. I just thought "Hey I have this Ps3 that I dont use hardly ever except for blu-rays, let's give this a shot". I also have a smart TV and can't seem to find the app there either. I'm sticking with what I know and HDMI cable it is.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Whatever **** it. It seems to be working on my Macbook and I have an HDMI cable as well. I just thought "Hey I have this Ps3 that I dont use hardly ever except for blu-rays, let's give this a shot". I also have a smart TV and can't seem to find the app there either. I'm sticking with what I know and HDMI cable it is.

After reading that thread, the bolded is my approach as well. People seem to have problems with a lot of things gcl related. I've never had a problem with the browser and I much prefer to watch on a 42" TV than on my monitor which is half as big.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Am I not allowed to watch games from last season from last season? The vault goes to 2010 under the Classic tab, and under the Archive tab it's just a handful of games.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
You don't use the vault for last season IIRC. Just the normal GCL calendar.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
If you could be so kind and provide a link and or instructions to this page it would be much appreciated. The closest I found was on the scores page and click on the calendar. But even then I have to go back one month at a time and it doesn't even say who's playing that day just how many games. Surely, Gamecenter has something better than this. I know I'm probably missing an obvious link staring me in the face.

mightyquack

Apr 28, 2010
If you could be so kind and provide a link and or instructions to this page it would be much appreciated. The closest I found was on the scores page and click on the calendar. But even then I have to go back one month at a time and it doesn't even say who's playing that day just how many games. Surely, Gamecenter has something better than this. I know I'm probably missing an obvious link staring me in the face.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?season=20132014&gameType=2&team=ANA&network=&venue=

Can just click on recap, then click the watch button and should take you into the GCL replay.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
It's looking like I'm going to have to go with NHL Gamecenter Live this season. I usually go with the NHL package via cable but I may be moving around Dec/Jan so I need a product I can easily take with me.

Does anybody else here use Gamecenter to get their Ducks games? How reliable is it? Video quality? I'll be using either my Xbox or Sony TV to get the games on my tv. I'm hoping the video quality is good HD with no/little delay in the feed. It would suck to have a delay while trying to post in the GDT threads.

www.hockeystreams.com. 70 per year, has archived ohl/ahl games. Way smoother quality, way cheaper, way more features, way better in every which way. NHL GC is terrible even with my 150mb/s internet and high end computer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad