NHL Free Agent Game #5

Devils Pride 26

BrickCityHockey*****
Jan 12, 2008
NJ
NJ confirms. We are thrilled to find a true 2nd line center without having to give up a roster player.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
To begin with, this isn't an indictment of the 1st trade. I just recently remembered something we did in the past.

The Trade Committee was abolished because, well it just wasn't working. The NTC and NMC will control some aspect of the game to prevent it from getting out of control. On the other hand, there may need to be a method of rejecting truly ridiculous trades that don't involve a NTC/NMC.

Proposal: If any member of this game has an issue with a trade, they can make a complaint on the thread. At that time, a vote will begin (first 10 GM's/agents to vote). The person making the complaint would obviously be the first vote which would be a vote against the trade. The vote will be final when 6 votes for the trade or against the trade are placed. In the event of a tie after 10, an 11th vote will decide. The GM’s involved in the trade don’t have a vote.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
GM Game 5 Announcement

Officially, there isn't a trade committee, but one of the 3 commissioners can step in if they feel a trade is too unrealistic to allow. At that time, the 3 commissioners will vote to make a decision. This will only occur in extreme situations. Every trade does not have to be approved, but you do have to PM BigG44 for them to be final so the Trade post can be updated.

Bear with us as we try and iron out every detail to make this thing run smoothly.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Kings want to get a good centerman!

If you have one available, this package is available from the Kings:

Jack Johnson
Jarret Stoll or Michal Handzus (he as a NMC)
Edward Purcell or Brian Boyle

Other names could be worked out on both side. If you have a (high) quality center available, PM me.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Also, make sure you guys realize that I'm not going to tolerate a bunch of whining or complaining in this game. I will seize control of your team so fast you'll think you were being swept by the Red Wings in the playoffs.

Have fun! :D

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
:bolts

Tampa Bay is considering moving Vincent Lecavalier. However, we're more than happy to keep him.

If you want to get serious about acquiring one of the top players in the game, send me a message to get talks started.

Also, Vinny Prospal, Martins Karsums, Jeff Halpern, Adam Hall, Brandon Bochenski, Radim Vrbata, Lukas Krajicek and Mike Lundin are available.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Carolina still needs to add their info to their post it the roster thread, and Atlanta still needs to create a post with info.

EDIT: I just spoke to Atlanta, and their info will be up soon.

Last edited:

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
:bolts - :cbj TRADE

Tampa Bay has traded forward Ryan Craig to Columbus for right winger Derek Dorsett.

Interesting deal here....

Dorsett is a good young player with some offensive upside.
Craig posted some a few points this season.

I think Dorsett, IMO is the better player. Just better well rounded. But Craig is a good player for his style of play.

Not even close to a blockbuster, but I like the deal for both sides.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Nashville is looking for another 1st round pick. They are loaded with picks (including two 2cd rounders and two 3rd rounders) and are shopping the RFA rights to Radulov.

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
Off to bed for me to. I'll be online tomorrow morning most likely but I am going to be spending some time with the Mrs. so I will be back on later tomorrow night. Leave all trade proposals in my inbox and I will look over them carefully.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Atlanta GM's short term goals (this season):

1) Pick up a first/second pairing defenseman
2) Pick up a legit playmaking centre for Kovalchuk
3) Extend our key players

We feel with Little Kovalchuk Kozlov on the team there are 3 legit first line forwards going into next season but would like to add a good centre. Likewise Hainsey Bogo make up two thirds of a solid top 3 defense which is vital.

Trade market

Tobias Enstrom - offense easily replaced by Bogosian and his name is Tobias.

Lehtonen/Pavelec - no need for two starting goalies

4th overall pick - only for very specific needs. I'll be willing to package this pick + roster player + prospect for a legit top pairing defenseman or first line centre.

Boulton, Slater, Stuart, Thorburn, Salemal, all for trade as well.

edit: Upon closer examination, this team doesnt suck nearly as much as I thought they did. They have alot of firepower and were a top 10 scorer. They have stellar goatlending when healthy but piss poor defense.

So defenseman and checking line type guys is our main concern after a playmaker.

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
2dt6rrd.jpg

Anaheim is looking to trade Nokelainen and one of Giguere or Hiller (although Hiller would cost significantly more). Most prospects are also available.

Looking for:
Youngish 2nd line LW (preferably physical)
Youngish 3rd line LW (preferably with a bit of scoring potential)
Draft picks

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The Anaheim Ducks have come to terms with RFA's James Wisniewski and Mike Brown on 2 year deals. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Wings out for now but will be back around 5.

Looking for goaltending and some depth role players, along with an affordable top 6 RW

Fillipula, Hudler and Ericcson/Meech are available to get it. Also looking to move up in the draft

General Borschevsky

Jan 10, 2009
Atlantic Canada
:nucks

Canucks are still looking for a trade that fits. We're interested in young potential top-six talent, and a number one defenceman. Most players and prospects are available in the right deal.

Edit: Anyone interested in Wellwood?

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Ottawa is taking offers for Filip Kuba, Jason Smith, Chris Kelly and Christoph Schubert. PM if interested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad