NHL Free Agent Game #5

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Pitt's Best #87 #66 has accepted position of "Eklund" for our game. Feel free to feed him with all the trade rumors you want, both real and fake. ;)

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Hello there! Eklund is back and bringing you FA Game #5 rumors.

Our first rumor is in... and it's a biggie.

Now, we aren't sure of all the details but here it is...

Crosby and Ovechkin going to New York for scrubs... e5

Now this may seem fake but the actual rumor was Malkin too but we thought that would be too untrue.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
On the Block for the Kings:

Jarret Stoll, Brian Boyle, Michal Handzus, Ted Purcell

With these assets, the Kings are looking for:

A upgrade at center

Unlikely to trade but will listen for Jack Johnson, he won't be cheap.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Rumours around are Vinny Lecavlier WILL be traded before or at the draft.

Kings and Habs are the front runners with Toronto trying to get involve. LA is the team mention the most with all the assets they have. My bet is on the Kings. They have a lot of young talent that they can give up.

Also, Chris Kunitz is getting a lot of interest around the league. Pittsburgh is looking to bring in a guy who has had great chemistry with Sid.

More info is coming.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Rumours around are Vinny Lecavlier WILL be traded before or at the draft.

Kings and Habs are the front runners with Toronto trying to get involve. LA is the team mention the most with all the assets they have. My bet is on the Kings. They have a lot of young talent that they can give up.

Also, Chris Kunitz is getting a lot of interest around the league. Pittsburgh is looking to bring in a guy who has had great chemistry with Sid.

More info is coming.

hey what about my rumor!

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
OOOOHHH MAN! We have an E5!

Eric Brewer has been stripped of the captaincy.

No captain has been named, but word is it's down between Erik Johnson, David Backes, and Jay McClement.

Brewer is very unhappy in the St. Louis as head coach Andy Murray has a newly formed man crush on Jay McClement.

Murray has threatened to send Brewer home if his attitude doesn't improve.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Would someone mind doing me a favor and figuring out which teams haven't posted their roster yet? I think there are only 4 teams.

Or i'll do it when I get back in a few minutes.

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
Would someone mind doing me a favor and figuring out which teams haven't posted their roster yet? I think there are only 4 teams.

Or i'll do it when I get back in a few minutes.

Atlanta and Phoenix...

EDIT: And Montreal. Carolina posted but hasn't edited in their roster yet.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Red Wings in the market for a starting goaltender, depth defenseman, a potential top 6 winger and some depth players

Hudler, Ericsson and Fillipula can be had, and Franzen if its a significant player.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Atlanta and Phoenix...

EDIT: And Montreal. Carolina posted but hasn't edited in their roster yet.

That's unbelievable.

THH you are a genius for requiring guys to post before the game really gets started.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
GM Game 5 Announcement

The Hockey Hitman is already representing the RFA's in the Western Conference, but matt trick will now represent RFA's in the Eastern Conference.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Alright guys, good work getting your rosters posted up...we're really only waiting on 2-3 teams now, and I'm not going to let that little amount hold the game up any longer.

so game on!

That's unbelievable.

THH you are a genius for requiring guys to post before the game really gets started.

Thanks man. That was the rule I enforced in the last game I ran as well. Seemed to work good.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Isles are looking for good young wingers and defensemen. Witt, Sutton, Meyer, Martinek, Tambellini, Park, BOS 2nd and possibly SJ 1st are available.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Shake Up in Big D

:stars

Dallas Stars Bring Back Stanley Cup Hero to Lead Team Again

Nieuwendyk480.jpg

Dallas Stars Owner Thomas O. Hicks announced today that he has restructured the NHL club’s hockey management staff, naming Joe Nieuwendyk as the team’s new General Manager. As part of the reorganization, Co-General Managers Brett Hull and Les Jackson have been reassigned within the organization into positions that focus on their respective strengths. Hull will serve as Executive Vice President and Alternate Governor while Les Jackson will return to his long-time role as Director of Scouting and Player Development.

“We are very excited to secure Joe Nieuwendyk as the General Manager,†said Hicks. “These moves are all about helping this club take the proverbial ‘next step.’ Joe is a leader and has been a winner in everything he has done. He is ready for this opportunity and has a bright future as an NHL General Manager. We want that future to be with the Dallas Stars.

The Stars are going back to a single-leader mentality at the top of their hockey staff. Much like when Bob Gainey was the General Manager, Nieuwendyk brings years of playing experience, a winning pedigree, intelligence (he went to Cornell for three years), respect for the game, and leadership. Basically, he is the total package.

Nieuwendyk, 42, is considered by many to be one of the top up-and-coming hockey executives in the league today. The former Stars player returns to Dallas from the Toronto Maple Leafs, where he served as Special Assistant to the General Manager this past season. Prior to joining the Leafs and after his 2006 retirement, Nieuwendyk worked as a Special Consultant to the General Manager with the Florida Panthers. As Assistant General Manager, he also helped lead Team Canada at the 2009 IIHF World Hockey Championship when the team won a silver medal.

nieuwendyk_cupDAL275.jpg

“I am very excited about returning to the Dallas Stars as General Manager,†said Nieuwendyk. “I am ready for this opportunity. The Dallas Stars have built a winning tradition over the years and I want to help continue that legacy. My family is very excited about returning to Dallas. I have great memories from my playing days with the Stars and look forward to helping this team win as General Manager.â€

A veteran of 20 seasons as a player in the National Hockey League, Nieuwendyk played seven with the Dallas Stars (1995-2002). He won the Stanley Cup for three different teams, in three different decades (Calgary in 1989, Dallas in 1999, New Jersey in 2003). Nieuwendyk was awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy as the Stanley Cup Playoffs most valuable player in 1999 when he led Dallas in post-season scoring on their way to winning the Stanley Cup. The Whitby, Ontario, native played in 1,257 NHL games, scoring 564 goals and 562 assists for 1,126 points. He also appeared in 158 career playoff games, recording 116 points on 66 goals and 50 assists. Nieuwendyk played in 442 games for Dallas, scoring 178 goals and 162 assists for 340 points.

http://stars.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=424434

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
GM Game 5 Announcement

Undrafted/European Free Agents

Pitt's Best #87 #66

This person will represent all Undrafted and European Free Agents. Offers can be made for these players as soon as the game officially starts. The agent will decide when they are signed, but preferably, this part of the game will be completed before free agency officially begins.

HighLifeManIsHigh

McDave is a loser lol
Feb 27, 2006
Flames Trade Langkow
langkow_daymond.jpg

The Calgary Flames have traded Daymond Langkow to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for the Devils' 2009 2nd Round Pick (54th Overall).

It's tough trading Langkow, he's a solid player, but he made too much money ($4.5 Million per). We get a good pick in return and shed salary. The Flames wish Langkow all the best in New Jersey.​

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad