GDT: NHL Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
Would much rather have a Connolly at 3.5m and a random UFA PKer than Hagelin.

But he probably doesn't sign with us for 3.5m.

I said this in our main thread: I'm not sure he was even offered that by GMBM. I REALLY think he wants to change direction of the third line, and I'm more convinced now that he didn't value Connolly at a significant higher raise to $1.5 million.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
why? there are tons of players available and if he signed it means that caps have moved on fast
I guess I don't really see the UFA alternatives provided that they're not willing to hand out term to compensate for a lower AAV. They could certainly sign a few depth players and make some value plays but, then again, I don't know that doing that is necessarily the best use of their limited cap space. It would take a lot more knowledge of the trade market and whatever value could be had there as well. Patience may be the better strategy.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
I guess I don't really see the UFA alternatives provided that they're not willing to hand out term to compensate for a lower AAV. They could certainly sign a few depth players and make some value plays but, then again, I don't know that doing that is necessarily the best use of their limited cap space. It would take a lot more knowledge of the trade market and whatever value could be had there as well. Patience may be the better strategy.

true. you also could argue he gets more playing time with panthers then he would with caps and that could be a factor too

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
First things first. 10M for Bob? I feel my faith in Samsonov increased big time! That's no brainer. Obviously, Holtby won't be traded now because someone has to play this season. But letting him walk is a writing on the wall. No budget for that.

Next. Connolly. Wanted to sign his lifetime contract. Became a victim of new low cap. Agreed to the most dollars I guess. Why did GMBM not sign him for 3,5M? No bite, I think it was serious comment of him wanting more bite. Connolly doesn't seem like that player.

Next. No rumors about Hartman and no info about Caps means he's our 3RW candidate. Hurray!

Feel free to ask me about any lotto numbers.

EDIT: Blah. Minny is getting all my candidates. I'll think more.

EDIT2: OK, no team has 6M for Mojo so he signs here for less.

Reactions: RandyHolt

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Evil GMing 101: extend Holtby with significant discount and expose him to Seattle if Sammy is good to go. Holtby plays 2 more seasons then disappears. Seattle doesn't get anyone else. Sounds like a plan.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
9.2 cap available, say Panik for 2.75 and Vrana signs a 3.25 bridge for two years. Djoos and Stephenson 750k each. About 1.7 remaining.

Jun 15, 2007
2.5m is exactly the amount of money we can afford to pay 3rw. Makes sense to me.

Guy produced at a 40 point pace over the past 3 seasons. Good enough I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad