GDT: NHL Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

What on Earth is Sakic doing? Trade Soderberg for scraps, then trade Barrie for Kadri? Sure, Kadri is younger than Soderberg and has more upside, but he's been Toronto's 3C, not a focal point of their offense. I guess I like the sum of Colorado's roster better than what they left last season with, but it's been a lot of churning and burning to get there.

edit; Sakic retained 50% on Barrie? WTF????????

Last edited:

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
What on Earth is Sakic doing? Trade Soderberg for scraps, then trade Barrie for Kadri? Sure, Kadri is younger than Soderberg and has more upside, but he's been Toronto's 3C, not a focal point of their offense. I guess I like the sum of Colorado's roster better than what they left last season with, but it's been a lot of churning and burning to get there.

edit; Sakic retained 50% on Barrie? WTF????????

Yeah this is...odd. Kadri isn't a bad deal, and he's a good center. But this feels like a terrible return for Barrie and Kerfoot, even if it is a bit of a rental for the Leafs. Plus retaining.

If Soderberg isn't a great 2C (and he isn't) why is Kadri...? Just really weird.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Yeah this is...odd. Kadri isn't a bad deal, and he's a good center. But this feels like a terrible return for Barrie and Kerfoot, even if it is a bit of a rental for the Leafs. Plus retaining.

If Soderberg isn't a great 2C (and he isn't) why is Kadri...? Just really weird.

Kerfoot is kinda a lukewarm player. Top six player on a bad team, kinda deal. Decent numbers (albeit a decent chunk on the PP), but was spoon fed easy match-ups. Exactly the type of player they wanted to replace with legitimate top sixers. But they ended up getting Burakovsky, Donskoi, and Kadri. If Colorado plans on heading into 2019-20 with a Burakovsky-Kadri-Donskoi 2nd line, they're in for some trouble. They're going to have to split up their big line in order to even out the talent. If Burakovsky can find chemistry with MacKinnon, I guess it could pan out for them.

Last edited:

Charles Calvert

Jun 21, 2019
Kerfoot is kinda a lukewarm player. Top six player on a bad team, kinda deal. Decent numbers (albeit a decent chunk on the PP), but was piss poor defensively and spoon fed easy match-ups. Exactly the type of player they wanted to replace with legitimate top sixers. But they ended up getting Burakovsky, Donskoi, and Kadri. If Colorado plans on heading into 2019-20 with a Burakovsky-Kadri-Donskoi 2nd line, they're in for some trouble. They're going to have to split up their big line in order to even out the talent. If Burakovsky can find chemistry with MacKinnon, I guess it could pan out for them.

I agree on Kerfoot. But I don't think he requires much if they sign him. I could also see them flipping him too.

But moving Barrie for Kadri smells bad to me. AND you're retaining half his salary.

I don't know, the return for a 60 point right hand defender needs to be better than Kadri, short term or no.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
That is a horrible deal for the Avs
Kadri - 2018-2019 - 73games 16g 28a 44pts 16:16 TOI
Kerfoot - 2018-2019 - 78gamea 15g 27a 42pts
14:53 TOI

PLUS Barrie
PLUS 50% retained.

!!!!! Thanks.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
If you are Carolina do you think about taking the 4 1st round picks? It's not like Aho is going to make the Habs a playoff team

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Anything to make Colorado’s 2nd close to our first, Im happy!

I'm really hoping that Kadri hasn't gotten over his anger issues and Burakovsky hasn't gotten over his non-anger issues.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't know everything about hockey but wouldn't this indicate that the Leafs are in WIN NOW mode? :huh::laugh:

Screen Shot 2019-07-01 at 8.51.45 PM.png

Reactions: CapsJunkie

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Once they signed Tavares, the Leafs unwittingly committed to moving one of their wingers. It should have been nylander, but looks like it may have to be Marner.

Personally, I'd do my damndest to trade Nylander for a defenseman and Andersen for a bag of pucks. Then get an expiring goalie at the deadline.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad