GDT: NHL Free Agency Meeting period

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I wanted us to sign Varly this year (while jettisoning Howie last TDL), depending on price obviously, but 4 yrs is okay. Lehner turned down the Isles 2 yr/$5M per for 1yr @ $5M, wonder why. Maybe he overestimated his market value?
31 YO goalie on a steady decline with past history of groin injuries? No thanks. Plus his style of goaltending doesn't lend itself well to age. He plays a similar style to Mrazek.

Better off figuring out if any of the prospects pan out.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
July 1st as a re-building team:

george-michael-bluth-fallover.gif

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Jeez Sakic just got punked by Dubas... Whoa

Don't think it's that one-sided. Kadri's on a good contract signed for another three seasons, while Barrie's contract expires after this season. Not sure how the leafs manage to keep Barrie after this season with the cap situation they're in.

Reactions: waltdetroit

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
The bidding war begins over at the LA Kings forum for @Frk It 's handle.

Don't settle for anything less than the rights to Doughty by Nature.

eh we'll see about that,wouldn't be the first time he's gone elsewhere and come back

he's gonna get that former red wing tag back now you know how much we love that

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Lehner turned down the Isles 2 yr/$5M per for 1yr @ $5M, wonder why. Maybe he overestimated his market value?

Probably wasn't getting any long-term deals. So, if you believe in yourself, it's better to take 1 year, prove your worth again, and then leverage the bigger deal.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
To be honest so far SY has been very meh.

I did not want to go spending stupid money on duchene or panarin or bobrovosky and nor did I want us to sacrifice top picks or prospects chasing guys like trouba at the rumoured prices

But...

For a rebuilding club with a new GM we didnt pckg picks to move up at the draft, didnt sell cap space for picks or prospects, didnt take a swing at signing a young guy with upside looking for a new enviroment nor did make a trade whatsoever and steal a guy from a cap desperate team.

Not what I was hoping to see to be honest.

Athana see you later

Feb 9, 2019

I did not want to go spending stupid money on duchene or panarin or bobrovosky and nor did I want us to sacrifice top picks or prospects chasing guys like trouba at the rumoured prices

But...

For a rebuilding club with a new GM we didnt pckg picks to move up at the draft, didnt sell cap space for picks or prospects, didnt take a swing at signing a young guy with upside looking for a new enviroment nor did make a trade whatsoever and steal a guy from a cap desperate team.

Patience

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
That defensive unit is really bad at defense though. Bottom 10 in terms of their own zone. I would only consider Muzzin as above average in his own zone. Rielly is mediocre in his own end and everyone else there is bad including Barrie who in my opinion is below average. I don't see him as incredibly different than Gardiner a player that ran hot and cold similarly at times.

I mean Boston and Tampa are going to make you play in your own zone eventually, they just are. Building a regular season team isn't going to be the answer there. Tampa has a better one and Boston beats you trying this each time you have. Not really sure why this seems to be the course of action, but I still don't see a team that can handle other contenders when I look at the Leafs. Still the third best team in the division and honestly I could see Florida catching them playing a similar style with the better goalie.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

But...

he just took over a few months ago ands still sorting every thing out / getting to know the players / getting his front office and coaching staff together / talking moves over with other gms . do you really need to go into piss and moan mode already ?

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
he just took over a few months ago ands still sorting every thing out / getting to know the players / getting his front office and coaching staff together / talking moves over with other gms . do you really need to go into piss and moan mode already ?

Nobody is pissing and moaning little boy.

You can still 100% support the guy while being somewhat surprised/disappointed

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Depends on the price. He's only 5'9" 163.

He was originally a TBL pick so Stevie should be a pretty good judge of what he's worth.

In a NY minute.

Dynamo Russian RW with sick shot.

Unfortunately, we just don’t have any tradeable assets. Some picks maybe?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad