GDT: NHL Free Agency Meeting period

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Who do we want?
Who wants us?
Who do we not want?
Who doesn't want us?
Who do the wings want that we (fans) don't want?
Who do we (fans) want but the wings don't want?

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I’ve had a similar feeling. If there was a way to move DeKeyser, I wouldn’t hate it but without that kind of move, I don’t like it.

Could run DDK / Gardiner while we wait on the development of Cholowski and McIsaac and once we know what we have in them try to flip DDK. Takes another year or so off his contract and maybe boosts his value with a shorter term attached.

Reactions: hkydave04

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
i think this is just the old 'due dilligence' statement by yzerman as imo theres nobody out there thats a match . though i guess ide message panarin just in case its another 'gas station' call back ;-)

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I'd rather use any cap space to take on bad contracts from other teams and get draft picks for doing so. If we do make signings, they better not contain NTC/NMC's - these signings should be made with the intent of trading them before the contract expires.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Yzerman shouldn’t be calling anybody

Yes, he should. I don't know what this fascination with not trying to improve your team is. You don't go after crazy long term deals or whatever, but to completely spurn adding any player ever for some "rebuilding" philosophy is crazy.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I'd rather use any cap space to take on bad contracts from other teams and get draft picks for doing so. If we do make signings, they better not contain NTC/NMC's - these signings should be made with the intent of trading them before the contract expires.

No and no. Why do you want to use our money to take other people's mistakes? How about we sign halfway decent players to good deals?

And this whole craze about not wanting NTCs is inane too. Those do not hamstring deals near as much as you think they do. Subban and Trouba didn't have them and they got dealt for peanuts. And most of the guys that have them now, you're getting mid round picks who will never play for you back for these guys who waive.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Yes, he should. I don't know what this fascination with not trying to improve your team is. You don't go after crazy long term deals or whatever, but to completely spurn adding any player ever for some "rebuilding" philosophy is crazy.
I don’t believe there’s anybody here that would help us longterm and worth signing for 4-7 years

I’ve said numerous times I’d sign 1-2 guys to 1 year deals with the sole purpose of being trade bait on deadline day

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
No and no. Why do you want to use our money to take other people's mistakes? How about we sign halfway decent players to good deals?

And this whole craze about not wanting NTCs is inane too. Those do not hamstring deals near as much as you think they do. Subban and Trouba didn't have them and they got dealt for peanuts. And most of the guys that have them now, you're getting mid round picks who will never play for you back for these guys who waive.

Unless you're part of the ownership group, it's not your money... so stop pretending that spending on specifics hits home.

Maximizing futures is one of the things bad teams do. Taking bad contracts to gain futures is part of that. Last time I checked the standings, the Wings were one of the worst, so it makes sense for the Wings to take bad contracts right now.

Yzerman asked for patience. You're preaching the opposite.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Unless you're part of the ownership group, it's not your money... so stop pretending that spending on specifics hits home.

Maximizing futures is one of the things bad teams do. Taking bad contracts to gain futures is part of that. Last time I checked the standings, the Wings were one of the worst, so it makes sense for the Wings to take bad contracts right now.

Yzerman asked for patience. You're preaching the opposite.

yup

signing some guy for an overpayment right now is silly

trading a 7th round pick for a marleau and a 1st round pick is genius....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad