GDT: NHL free agency 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I dunno man, I think they've gotta blow it up. That whole place is toxic from top to bottom. New management, new players, everything. Really, Dorion and his staff should be canned for the whole Karlsson-Hoffman fiasco (not to mention the Randy Lee thing). How they let the locker room get that unstable, I have no clue. But you hit the nail on the head with Melynk. A responsible, engaged owner would make the right moves. Melnyk? Well, it may very well be hopeless.

But from a pure asset management standpoint, they've got an elite player that is without a doubt leaving in a year anyway, so might as well get a good return for him for him. I've said before they need to target their first back from Colorado. Something like Jost, Ottawa's 1st in 2019, Zadorov, and a mid-level prospect or pick would be very good return.

I mean, yeah, it's probably beyond repair at this point but if you're trading away the best player in a trade 99 times out of 100 you've lost that trade, especially a superstar like EK. I do agree that it's become such a dumpster fire that they need to burn it to the ground and start over but how can you effectively do that when Melnyk still owns the team? I also think that everyone knows EK is leaving and I don't think the return will be as high as people expect.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Heh,

Watching all this JT to TO drama, the subsequent offer sheet rumors from NYI, this EK to whereever stuff, makes me glad like mad that this summer we can simply focus on being Stanley Cup Champions and watch this NHL off season shitshow from a comfy place.

Seriously, we kept everyone we wanted to lock up long term. We kept the role players on cheapo deals,except Beags, and we all unanimously cheered his contract with Van because we just wanted him to get paid. We all hated the Oprik contract when it was signed, but he helped us win a Cup and then we dumped his contract and now really the only thing left for this offseason is this sleepy "Orpik watch" to see if we can literally retain 15 of the 16 skaters who started game 5 where we WON THE DAMN STANLEY CUP!

This summer of Caps hockey is still like a surreal dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad