NHL franchises up for sale in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Squiddy said:
Yes I've been to many SOLD OUT games in dallas.

Were you harassing Canucks and Wings fans in the 80s? Flames fans in the 90s?

All these cities had awful attendance, and didn't turn that around until sustained winning occurred. The Predators JUST made the playoffs for the first time, and their increase in attendance is indicative of that first step. Ever hear that old expression? "The longest journey begins with a first step?" They were rewarded with a high ST renewal rate and the biggest increase in ST sales since YEAR ONE...and that progress isn't enough to satisfy you.

Of course not. You're not being logical or rational, you're speaking from your NHL-less heart. I can understand that, but don't let your bias and vitriol spill over here. You're not going to find many people on your side.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
just to add a footnote...

what about the Devils? 3 cups in reason memory, but their attendance stinks. Why aren't you bothering their fans with your "Well, even though our AHL team has terrible attendance our NHL team wouldn't, people would go, i mean, i'd go..." arguments?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Squiddy said:
Yes I've been to many SOLD OUT games in dallas. I don't blame you from going I would feel ashamed if I had to make up senseless stuff to argue with someone.

Yep, that's right I made up the fact that Houston only averages 5k per game.

Tell me what do they really average per game? Go ahead, switch the subject now.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
I'm not trying to harass "Nashville" fans but when they try to tell me how the NHL belongs in Nashville and not houston I will argue it. I don't attack teams that are not winning, but nashville is winning and the attendance is attrocious rather than what it should be. New Jersey draws decent for a team that is in a city that has arguably more rangers fans than Devils fans. Their arena is not exactly anygood, but they are getting a new one. You can't say the same thing about nashville.. it's not like everyone in nashville is a st louis/chicago fan first.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
triggrman said:
Yep, that's right I made up the fact that Houston only averages 5k per game.

Tell me what do they really average per game? Go ahead, switch the subject now.

Wait weren't you supposed to put me on ignore? Honestly you aren't fooling anyone you are just trying to beat around the bush. I already proved to you that our 2nd/3rd string teams have outdone any team in nashville. It really isn't a secret I don't know why you even bothered to post in this thread anymore. I've proved you wrong everytime and what do you always come back with? "Your AHL team needs support."

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
See how little you know about this market.

A lot of Nashville's hockey base comes from GM and Nissan autoworkers, most from the Detroit area.

We're a growing market, and we'll continue to grow, we're not in jeapordy of moving. Like nomo said, we've had one of our best ST sales this year and I expect next year to be even better.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Squiddy said:
I'm not trying to harass "Nashville" fans but when they try to tell me how the NHL belongs in Nashville and not houston I will argue it. I don't attack teams that are not winning, but nashville is winning and the attendance is attrocious rather than what it should be. New Jersey draws decent for a team that is in a city that has arguably more rangers fans than Devils fans. Their arena is not exactly anygood, but they are getting a new one. You can't say the same thing about nashville.. it's not like everyone in nashville is a st louis/chicago fan first.

no one said that it belonged "in nashville, but not houston." people are simply playing the game you started. i don't care if houston gets a team...but it won't be mine. the whole point of the lockout was so that all 30 teams could and will be healthy. Re-location\contraction is simply not going to happen in any reasonable amount of time. as i pointed out in the other thread, attendance isn't the only deciding factor. money comes from a vast amount of other places. You might get fed up with what you perceive to be bad attendance(again, you're picking and choosing what you want to acknowledge...completely ignoring that attendance is UP this year, and that 1 bad game doesn't damn an entire city)

but like Trig, I'm done arguing with you. You're in a hockey-desperate frenzy, and as I've noticed on this board...there's no reasoning with those people.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
triggrman said:
See how little you know about this market.

A lot of Nashville's hockey base comes from GM and Nissan autoworkers, most from the Detroit area.

We're a growing market, and we'll continue to grow, we're not in jeapordy of moving. Like nomo said, we've had one of our best ST sales this year and I expect next year to be even better.

That's fine, but where are these people from detroit during regular games? As for your growing market whats your point? Houston is already huge and growing even more.

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
Squiddy said:
That's fine, but where are these people from detroit during regular games? As for your growing market whats your point? Houston is already huge and growing even more.
Dude, you've been arguing for growing markets in a few threads today, I think trigg was presenting a counter/or evidence of such a market in Nashville.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
nomorekids said:
no one said that it belonged "in nashville, but not houston." people are simply playing the game you started. i don't care if houston gets a team...but it won't be mine. the whole point of the lockout was so that all 30 teams could and will be healthy. Re-location\contraction is simply not going to happen in any reasonable amount of time. as i pointed out in the other thread, attendance isn't the only deciding factor. money comes from a vast amount of other places. You might get fed up with what you perceive to be bad attendance(again, you're picking and choosing what you want to acknowledge...completely ignoring that attendance is UP this year, and that 1 bad game doesn't damn an entire city)

but like Trig, I'm done arguing with you. You're in a hockey-desperate frenzy, and as I've noticed on this board...there's no reasoning with those people.

I think it was two games no? Anyways you're desperate to keep your team in Nashville and I'm not surprised and there is no reason to argue with you, but just don't make excuses for the attendance. It is what it is..

AdmiralPred

Jun 9, 2005
The attendance 'excuses' were in the other thread. The only attendance issue in NMK's post was that that seems to be the only information that you are basis your statements off of, other than growing markets.

Squiddy*

Oct 24, 2005
Houston, Texas
AdmiralPred said:
The attendance 'excuses' were in the other thread. The only attendance issue in NMK's post was that that seems to be the only information that you are basis your statements off of, other than growing markets.

Yeah this thread got jacked with all the arguing. My mistake .. although I wasn't the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad