NHL Forwards Rankings #13

Who is next

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
But you didn’t say everything else. You said goals. Even at his most likely peak Pasta is still behind a 35 year old Ovi.

lol not even close. Pasta is clearly ahead of Ovi at this stage in their careers. He hasn't even hit his peak yet and I have him above current OV. OV is one of the greatest of all time, but in current day I take Pasta without thinking twice. The kid does it all. Scores, can make plays, excellent skater and hits like a f***ing train.

Reactions: Nosskire ot Elgaeb

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I’m not the poster you replied to.

also he isn’t behind. He’s tied. With way less cherry picking
Same goals but Ovi did it in 2 less games. And let’s not pretend that Pasta is some elite two way force out there, he has some freedom to focus on goal scoring because Bergy and Marchand can do a lot of the heavy lifting for that trio.

Over the last 3 years Ovi has outscored Pasta 148 to 121, but pasta was hurt one year. But their 82 game paces were 52 a year for Ovi and 45 for Pasta. Sure he’s the better overall player currently, but as a pure goal scorer he’s still not as good as Ovi.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
lol not even close. Pasta is clearly ahead of Ovi at this stage in their careers. He hasn't even hit his peak yet and I have him above current OV. OV is one of the greatest of all time, but in current day I take Pasta without thinking twice. The kid does it all. Scores, can make plays, excellent skater and hits like a f***ing train.
I’m not saying Ovi is the better overall player though.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Why would you pick Pasta over Ovi if you want goals?

Mainly because Pasta brings more to the table than Ovi?

It was also sarcasm as someone else posted that he had 2.5 X the assists that Ovi had last year.

But of course it's always someone's else's fault that Ovi can't get those easy secondary assists some are always trumping up.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ovechkin was better than Crosby in 2 out of the past 3 regular seasons and in 3 of the past 3 playoffs. Crosby wasn't even a top 20 player in two of those regular seasons.

In that span, Ovechkin has 68 more goals than Crosby, and also more points. Ovechkin also leads the NHL in regular season and playoff goals.

Exactly what metric are you using there?

It's not like Ovi was a top 20 player last year either and it's not because of missed time.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Hart votes. And yeah Ovie was absolutely in the top 20.

Well then you are wrong on your own logic as Crosby was top 20 in the 2 of the 3 years you referred to, not that it is the only metric worth noting as

The actual wording of the Hart Trophy is for the “player judged most valuable to his team.

Not best player.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Well then you are wrong on your own logic as Crosby was top 20 in the 2 of the 3 years you referred to, not that it is the only metric worth noting as

One nutty Canadian homer put Crosby 5th on his ballot when he was the 3rd best player on his team. Weak sauce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad