Prospect Info: NHL Entry Draft Discussion Thread - First Round Tuesday October 6th

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I would take a flyer on him in the second round.

A bit too much of a reach in the 2nd. At 44 the Leafs could have a shot at guys like Barron or Chromiak or Foudy who are much farther along.

What makes Finley look so good is the age and size but even big guys taken much earlier dont get the strength and co-ordination we might expect.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
A bit too much of a reach in the 2nd. At 44 the Leafs could have a shot at guys like Barron or Chromiak or Foudy who are much farther along.

What makes Finley look so good is the age and size but even big guys taken much earlier dont get the strength and co-ordination we might expect.

Foudy has way too many red flags for 44.

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

I'd love to trade up slightly in the second to get Barron. He's just an all around solid, two-way defenseman. Plus he gives us another right D to develop.

KMNRB

Jul 4, 2015
Found this shift-by-shift video on Amirov in the 3rd period of a game before his breakout game:

I get the feeling that he'll be picked before us and some other top tier winger (like Quinn or Holtz or Jarvis) will drop to us.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Insider Trading: NHL questions Tampa Bay Lightning about controversial Stanley Cup rally - TSN.ca

Canadiens open to moving first-round pick?

With the Stanley Cup handed out and the NHL off-season in full swing, what are the Montreal Canadiens looking at doing this winter to address their needs? Is their first-rounder on the table?

LeBrun: Interestingly enough, Marc Bergevin, general manager of the Habs, said in an interview with Marc Antoine Godin in The Athletic posted Thursday that he is open to trading his 16th overall pick in the first round which matches what I’m hearing from other teams around the league who suggest that he is open to it, but what he’s looking for is a top-six forward that would augment that offence that obviously needs some help for the Montreal Canadiens. I don’t sense that there’s a match right now, but obviously the Montreal Canadiens have until the draft next Tuesday to see if there’s a match.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
In his mock draft, Pronman has Florida taking Jarvis, but said Schnieder is also he heard connected to them.
All you really need is one off the board pick, for someone to fall. We are in an ideal spot at 15 to potentially pick up that faller. If no fallers, I'm on the Amirov train.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Amirov is 20 while everyone else is 18. I should hope he's putting up points as a forward in the KHL.

Still on the Guhle train. Not every year you get to draft a 6'3 gym rat with a mean streak that is one of the best skaters in the draft.

Amirov is only 19 (literally turned 19 today)
I'd be okay with Guhle in a trade down situation but he wouldn't be my 1st option.

Reactions: HC7

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Those 7 picks in the first 2 rounds the Sens have ... would you not love to be a scout for them this year.

They will be entertainment next week.

Leafs scouts working the other end of the draft, 7 picks in the last 3 rounds.

Be nice to get a couple players out of those last 7 picks.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
The system could use lots of types of players (with the requisite abilities: skating, IQ)
Defensive D with some snarl, on both sides. Guhle, Schneider, others?
A couple more Hymans. Holloway?
A couple more two-way upside wingers (2nd line upside is good enough to project as 1st liners with our existing C’s). Amirov, Jarvis?
A couple two-way C’s. Lundell, maybe Mercer?
There seems to be those kinds of guys from 15 down, some closer to the 20-30 range, and beyond.
The easy and obvious answer is acquire 6-7 more picks in the 14-40 range.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
The more I think about it, the more I'm sure Amirov is my guy assuming nobody falls from my top-11.

Regardless of the fact he's apparently faked his birth certificate and is 20 (happy birthday), he really reminds me of present day Ehlers in the best way possible.
last time we heard this rumor about a player it was Grigorenko, and that turned out well...

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I see a lot of slickness in Amirov's game. His hockey sense is really top notch. Not fast, but he's smooth and elusive.
I’ve actually heard his hockey sense is one of his only minor problems, and it comes from him being so creative that sometimes he just doesn’t make the play that’s there for him. That said I haven’t seen him play much at all myself so this is from information I’ve read from other people. I don’t even mind that issue too much myself as long as it can be reigned in once he reaches the NHL.

I feel I’ve heard that complaint a lot about players who are pretty good guys in the NHL now.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Plenty of skill and depth in full 2020 NHL Mock Draft - TSN.ca

The Kasperi Kapanen trade to Pittsburgh gave the Toronto Maple Leafs the 15th overall pick and I’m going with Brandon’s Braden Schneider, a competitive right-shot defenceman in the mould of Jacob Trouba. If Toronto decides not to go for a blueliner, edgy two-way Brandon centre Ridly Greig would be a good fit. His comparable? Ex-Leaf Nazem Kadri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad