GDT: NHL entry draft 7/23 & 7/24

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Last edited:

thelimit39

Oct 6, 2020
For those not on the Owen Power train, and I'm sure this has been gone over before, but what do you make of his showing at the World Championships? Does his performance there give you any indication that there might be more to his game than maybe he has shown so far in college?

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
For those not on the Owen Power train, and I'm sure this has been gone over before, but what do you make of his showing at the World Championships? Does his performance there give you any indication that there might be more to his game than maybe he has shown so far in college?
It's not just tbe WC, but he's shown incremental improvement throughout the year. It's not unrealistic to think another year in the NCAA would result in a significant role for Canada at the WJC and a Hobey Baker worthy season at UofM

Gimli

Jun 4, 2019
After seeing what they did in the expansion draft, I think its a slam dunk that Seattle is taking Beniers at 2. They prioritized compete level and 2-way ability throughout their lineup, AND they need high-end centers. Seems like a perfect match (unless the Sabres surprise and take him 1st).

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I’m all in in Power. He can either be Dahlin’s partner for the next decade+ if either of them can switch sides, or he’ll be someone who can hold down a pairing on their own playing 20 minutes a night.

I don’t know about y’all, but if we can have one of Dahlin or Power on the ice for 40+ minutes a night- that’s enticing as hell. Assuming he hits a decent portion of his potential.

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
I’m all in in Power. He can either be Dahlin’s partner for the next decade+ if either of them can switch sides, or he’ll be someone who can hold down a pairing on their own playing 20 minutes a night.

I don’t know about y’all, but if we can have one of Dahlin or Power on the ice for 40+ minutes a night- that’s enticing as hell. Assuming he hits a decent portion of his potential.
No kidding, look at Tampa.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Right now, I'd probably go Power at 1, Eklund at 2, and Beniers at 3 and be fine with any of those guys at 1OV.

This team has holes all over the place. Ideally, Power is a RH shot. But, having Dahlin anchor one pair and Power another is very, very enticing. And as the Ducks showed with Nieds & Pronger, it can be better to split up two star D as opposed to playing them together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad