GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2015 - Jun 26 - 4PM

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Rounds 2-7 will be streamed live on NHL.com, for those who are interested.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Hey hbk,

What is the talent gap between Merkely and Barzal. I didn't put much effort in investigating Merkely as I always thought he wouldn't be in our range (12-20). Liked what I saw in the Memorial Cup and what little I did see/read about him. Both him and Barzal dropped considerably. Any idea what may have soured teams or was this mostly based on Sweeney making a statement of incompetency with his three picks and other teams needing defensemen?

Your the best

Barzal has 1st line potential as a C while Merkley projects more as a winger and is seen as more of a second line guy.

I had Barzal at 7. Merkley at 15.

Never did I think he would drop to 30.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
So thoughts on our 2nd round pick?

Does GMDM go Defense

Dunn? Kylington? Vande Sompel? Carlo?

Or pure offence
Sprong? Chlapik?

Or more of a safe pick
Harkins?

Or more of a wild card
Trenin?

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wow, no D in the 1st three picks - will we be a poor man's Oilers team going forward?

We have some decent dmen already, we still need a partner for OEL(Hamilton would have been amazing), but we have a legit #1, murphy and stone are good on the right, dahlbeck looked good last year and between moore and gormley one should be able to play 3rd pairing minutes. We do still need another righty, and prospect wise yeah we have nothing, but it's not nearly as bad as the Oilers were.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
How the hell in Kylington still on the board?! The guy was ranked 7th overall by ISS in December! Just like you gotta be careful with overrating late risers you gotta be careful with undervaluing late droppers.

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
How the hell in Kylington still on the board?! The guy was ranked 7th overall by ISS in December! Just like you gotta be careful with overrating late risers you gotta be careful with undervaluing late droppers.

Scouts don't think he can put it together for what I can remember - there you go Calgary traded up for him

Joe Cooley

Lurker Extraordinaire
May 25, 2003
Maricopa, Az
Sarah McLellan ‏@azc_mclellan 2m2 minutes ago
The #Coyotes have made a trade, shipping pick No.60 to the #Flames in exchange for picks Nos. 76 & 83.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad