GDT: NHL Entry Draft 2015 - Jun 26 - 4PM

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tom Kurvers is Yzerman's senior adviser. Not everyone during those times were idiots.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
ONE frigging defenseman.

ONE.

TWO goalies. ONE defenseman.

:facepalm:

Yeah....

But in a year we will have a much better idea of what we have in our forward corp. It will give us options to trade for young more develop defensemen too. Also our blue line top out at 24 yrs old so I think we have some time. But this would have been a perfect year to go heavy on defense.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Not completely surprising what Boston did. Historically when teams have three or more 1st round picks it's not unusual for them to reach on at least one of them.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Not completely surprising what Boston did. Historically when teams have three or more 1st round picks it's not unusual for them to reach on at least one of them.

They could have taken Zboril, then told other GMs to throw something their way for the right to move up five or ten spots. Asset management. The two guys they took weren't worth the hardline stance at 14 and 15.

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
Yeah....

But in a year we will have a much better idea of what we have in our forward corp. It will give us options to trade for young more develop defensemen too. Also our blue line top out at 24 yrs old so I think we have some time. But this would have been a perfect year to go heavy on defense.

What we are missing is another elite D though, eecially on the right, where there is some depth but definitely has no one that is top pairing, or that can carry a pairing . There isn't that much on the left after OEL either, unless Gormley really gets back on track this year. Ideally we would need two more top-3 Ds, and push Stone/Murphy into 4/5 roles. There isn't anyone other than Gormley that remotely has the likelihood of developing that way.

I guess we have to focus on Chychrun now for next year. Maybe if we can cobble enough picks together, we can somehow nab both Matthews and Chychrun, but seriously doubt it. It used be our strength bar none, but now has become our unquestioned weakness.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Pics from GRA yesterday..

vht5yc.jpg

126b95e.jpg

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Pics from GRA yesterday..

Holy ****, that's flat out respectable! ****ing ****, could you imagine if the hockey universe wasn't a giant ****ing ******* and they had the #1 or #2 pick?! I ****ing hate you hockey universe you *****!

ScottsdaleYote

May 29, 2011
What we are missing is another elite D though, eecially on the right, where there is some depth but definitely has no one that is top pairing, or that can carry a pairing . There isn't that much on the left after OEL either, unless Gormley really gets back on track this year. Ideally we would need two more top-3 Ds, and push Stone/Murphy into 4/5 roles. There isn't anyone other than Gormley that remotely has the likelihood of developing that way.

I guess we have to focus on Chychrun now for next year. Maybe if we can cobble enough picks together, we can somehow nab both Matthews and Chychrun, but seriously doubt it. It used be our strength bar none, but now has become our unquestioned weakness.

Look at it this way - WHEN we lose the lottery next season and pick 4th, we'll be able to take the best defender in the draft since teams always pick forwards first :)

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Thrilled to see the good turnout, shocked to see Dubnyk's payday. 6 years??? I would sooner go $6m than 6 years. Can't understand why teams are so quick to get married to goalies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Thrilled to see the good turnout, shocked to see Dubnyk's payday. 6 years??? I would sooner go $6m than 6 years. Can't understand why teams are so quick to get married to goalies.

I hate long contracts. Dubnyk really hasn't proven to be a #1, but good for him.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Nice to see the dividend of hockey development in Arizona that began nearly 20 years ago with the Coyotes moving to Phoenix. Mathews, Pfeifer, and others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad