GDT: NHL Draft Weekend Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I can't see them making a run at a big RW (who's even available besides Okposo who probably gets 7 years and a gillion dollars)...they'll give their boy Bennett a chance to win a spot in the top six and DSP deserves that opportunity too, though he'll likely be on the third line. This is probably close to the Opening Night RW depth chart.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 31s32 seconds ago
Devils take Yegor Rykov. A re entry defenseman I'm a fan of. He was one of Russia's best defenseman at the WJC. Well rounded player.

Group Chat Legend*

Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman 31s32 seconds ago
Devils take Yegor Rykov. A re entry defenseman I'm a fan of. He was one of Russia's best defenseman at the WJC. Well rounded player.

I like this pick then, if true

But how good are Russian defensemen anyway? :sarcasm:

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Yegor Rykov is selected by the Devils

very good pick. LHD, Rykov has ideal size at 6'2-200 and plays a rock solid and physical defensive game. Not an offensive stud but solid puck skills and heavy shot. Two years left on his KHL deal (St. Pete) so we won't see him for awhile, but a very solid selection in the 5th.

That being said, I still want Quenneville/Sokolov.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
very good pick. LHD, Rykov has ideal size at 6'2-200 and plays a rock solid and physical defensive game. Not an offensive stud but solid puck skills and heavy shot. Two years left on his KHL deal (St. Pete) so we won't see him for awhile, but a very solid selection in the 5th.

That being said, I still want Quenneville/Sokolov.
I have a hard time seeing either of them lasting until 162.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Looks like we only scouted SKA organization and the Steelheads. Must've seen Cormier when they were playing in Missasuaga. Haha.

NJD1982

Mar 31, 2007
Stevens moving on from the Devils organization based on this interview. Happy he has the opportunity but its a little sad to see our legends not be part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad