GDT: NHL Draft Weekend Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Rishaug in twitter

Was heavily speculated Yakupov would get moved on day 2, but nothing yet. Oilers wanted a prospect of some sort, likely only picks offered

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone think there is trading action after the draft? Or will things cool orf until July 1st

I was expecting more trade action.

And I still want Yakupov. Give them our 2018 2nd and Merrill for Yakupov and a 2017 3rd

From what I'm hearing, other GMs are getting sick of Chiarelli jacking them around on Yakupov. Apparently he sets prices and then changes them at the last minute to try to get more.

GDDevils*

Rumor was that the Oilers wanted a roster player for Yak. I'd do Josefson straight up for him.

GDDevils*

If no team is willing to give one up, why bid against ourselves?

Because we deal one of our defensively responsible centers, which we have many, for a highly skilled RW, which we have few.

Addresses issues for both teams at a fair price.

Plus I think JJ needs a fresh start somewhere else.

Group Chat Legend*

Well we did make one :laugh:

Nothing really major happened though...Kulikov to Buffalo. Dallas moving Jack Campbell for Nick Ebert.

True

With Bennett coming, does this mean we stick with that RW depth or do we go for one more top 6 RW? Perhaps a center to push Henrique to a wing?

I dount DSP/Bennett will be our 2/3RW for the season... Unless both pan out to be that way then why would I complain

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
If no team is willing to give one up, why bid against ourselves?

Yakupov is a great gamble, but if (hypothetically) the price was set at a 3rd, and then Shero offered a 3rd and Chiarelli changed it to a 3rd and a prospect (which is what I heard), Shero probably just got annoyed and called the Penguins about Bennett. These guys are too busy on draft day to waste time getting jerked around.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I think Ufa will be very similar to last yr. We won't be going after the big names until guys like zacha,McLeod and Quinn ville are ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce