GDT: NHL Draft - Round 2 - 11:30 AM ET - NHLN (US), SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I actually wouldn't want a late 1st round pick this year. I think there's not much difference between the player taken at 20 and the one taken at 50. If I had a pick in the last third of the first round, I'd either be looking to trade up or trade down. The depth in the 2nd and 3rd round is very good this year.

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
I hope Farrell is still there for them. Good kid, great hands, heads up/smart player. If they're even interested to begin with, of course.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Big waves already made on draft night. Montreal traded Max Domi and a 3rd for Josh Anderson.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Just because they’ve hit on some 2nd round picks, doesn’t mean I’d rather see them picking 50 than mid 20s.

It’s not a great situation to be in, especially in light of the fact that they don’t have a Cup to show for it.

Not sure how much draft research you've done, but this is a year where the player you get in the mid-20s won't be much different than the one you get at 50. I don't think we're going to be missing out on some great player at pick 27.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
can't say I understand y'all who won't watch tonight cause the Bruins don't have a pick. This is our General Hospital, you filthy animals.
It's more like Christmas, only your parents bought you your "big" present six months ago when they replaced the TV you broke with an older, not as good model.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Hey, Kings -- you've had months to get ready for this...

giphy.gif

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
draft is going along somewhat as expected. Ottawa has the pick of the litter right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad