GDT: NHL Draft Lottery (May 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Näyttökuva (3).png

Näyttökuva (4).png

DETERMINING THE NHL DRAFT ORDER

1. All teams missing the playoffs are in the Lottery.

2. Teams with the least points get more chances at winning the Lottery.

3. The 1st overall pick is awarded by a drawing of ping pong balls. A team can only jump ten spots, so only the top 11 teams are eligible for the 1st pick. If a team in the 12-16 range wins the first drawing, the first pick will be awarded to the worst team. The 12-16 seed team that won the first drawing is also locked into their new position.

4. A second drawing is held to determine the other lottery winner. Like the first drawing, the second winner can only jump ten spots, but this time it is using the re-seeded order following the first drawing. This second drawing will not affect the team(s) with locked-in positions from the first drawing. If a ten spot jump is to a pick that is already locked-in, this team will receive the next available pick.

5. Teams are only allowed to improve their positioning via the Lottery twice in a five year period (beginning with the 2022 Lottery).

6. Ties are broken by teams' total number of regulation wins (RW), regulation and non-shootout overtime wins (ROW), and then head-to-head if still tied.

7. Playoff teams that did not win their divisions and did not make the conference finals, sorted by points, are assigned the next picks.

8. Playoff teams that won their divisions and did not make the conference finals, sorted by points, are assigned the next picks.

9. Conference finals losers sorted by points are assigned picks 29 and 30.

10. Stanley Cup runner-up is assigned pick 31.

11. Stanley Cup champion is assigned pick 32.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
you get one click per day on Tankathon. I got us #1 today which means we should be in a good spot to win #1 again in about a week. That's how it works

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Best pick we have had in a long time, I’m worried we will screw it up. I predict we get the 2nd and then on draft day we trade it for a veteran winger. Said winger comes to camp and blows out his knee to sit on LTIR all season.
1683083133462.gif

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
What I am most interested in (because those jinx posts are meh) are tell me the teams that can land Bedard who are the worst lotto outcomes and the reasons why. Rationality need not apply to this. But gifs are required.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
After watching the Wiz be in the lottery the last 10 years and getting the 8th pick every damn year. I fully think both teams will be picking 8.

Reactions: usiel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad