GDT: NHL Draft Lottery — Phase 1 | 6:00 PM | NHL Network, SN |

Who wins the #1 spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Why screw over Florida? Ideally one selects 11 teams from the East and 10 from the West because that's how many had a realistic chance. The NHL said it was time to not be bound by tradition... then they picked an even number of teams (12) and kept the number of qualifiers in each conference equal. It's clear they want big markets like Montreal and Chicago to participate and drive up TV ratings.

Having all these extra teams and players only increases the odds of someone testing positive. Their greed might end up costing them in the end if they can't get this off the ground, especially if they are content on using Vegas as one of the hub cities.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Why screw over Florida? Ideally one selects 11 teams from the East and 10 from the West because that's how many had a realistic chance. The NHL said it was time to not be bound by tradition... then they picked an even number of teams (12) and kept the number of qualifiers in each conference equal. It's clear they want big markets like Montreal and Chicago to participate and drive up TV ratings.

hey, maybe the Oilers would trade the #1 pick to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau straight up ?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Detroit getting #4 after that embarrassing intentional tank is so sweet

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: KYams17

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Guys, remember Ken Holland built that Detroit team lol

Yeah, years of trying to put bandaids on something that needed to be rebuilt to try to satisfy a dying owner was unfortunate, but not sure that was entirely his choice.

It's quite something else to make it clear to a team that the GM is going to do absolutely nothing to help the players in any way and he doesn't care at all about wins, leading to the team throwing the towel in before the first puck drop of the year. Intentional tanks to this extreme by management deserve #4 OA.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ok you want chaos, how’s this for chaos;

Arizona is being investigated for testing undrafted juniors. The penalty is a loss of draft picks and or a f***ing huge fine.

Watch Arizona forfeit their number one pick, lose in the play-in round and win the lottery only to have the pick slide to Los Angeles.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Please God do not let Toronto or Calgary get the first overall pick or win anything more than 1 play in round. I promise I’ll stop swearing, drinking, eating meat and using fossil fuels.

(no f***ing way I stop any of those but she won’t know...)

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Detroit getting #4 after that embarrassing intentional tank is so sweet

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Best of all for me, since people on here hate him after just 9 games played, we snagged their top winger for 2 picks (although second round picks) and not a first

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Ok you want chaos, how’s this for chaos;

Arizona is being investigated for testing undrafted juniors. The penalty is a loss of draft picks and or a f***ing huge fine.

Watch Arizona forfeit their number one pick, lose in the play-in round and win the lottery only to have the pick slide to Los Angeles.

Wait is this legit?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
This play in series is going to be epic. You're going to see coaches making some questionable decisions. Montreal will start their backup, Chicago will line match their 4th line against Mcdavid, Arizona will move Hall to D.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Sens fan here, obviously sad we aren't getting Laf, but really happy we will get one of byfield/stutz and another elite guy at 5.

if Edmonton loses the play in series i would love to see u guys draft Lafrienere, I know everyone else would hate but I wanna see that fire power we might see the highest offensive numbers since gretzky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad