GDT: NHL Draft Lottery — Phase 1 | 6:00 PM | NHL Network, SN |

Who wins the #1 spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
We will lose to Chicago and win the lottery to select Lafreniere. It has been foretold.

Winning first overall would be very Oilers. I fully believe the Oilers are hated by many because of their lottery wins.

I was kind of hoping the #2 pick would be the one, if any, to be available. That way if the Oilers lost and if the Oilers won the #2 draft spot, it wouldn't be quiet as bad.

On a serious note winning the entry round is really the only thing Oilers fans should be rooting for. McDavid and the team need an official playoff appearance. Chance to win the cup is what it's all about and under the circumstances the Oilers have a better chance than many/most. Also if we did get the #1 slot the bonus structure would be incredibly difficult to fit in the current cap situation. Even a standard 1st OA bonus Laden ELC could break the Oilers. McDavid could put a bad #1 into Calder talks just by sitting next to him on the bench... And then signing a another potential superstar... would be next to impossible after the ELC. While a good problem to have it would be a problem.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Sens fan here, obviously sad we aren't getting Laf, but really happy we will get one of byfield/stutz and another elite guy at 5.

if Edmonton loses the play in series i would love to see u guys draft Lafrienere, I know everyone else would hate but I wanna see that fire power we might see the highest offensive numbers since gretzky.

Lafrienere McDavid Puljujarvi
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

Would probably be the most talented top 6 in the league in a long time no matter who is the RW of that top line.

Reactions: Duke74

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
Winning first overall would be very Oilers. I fully believe the Oilers are hated by many because of their lottery wins.

I was kind of hoping the #2 pick would be the one, if any, to be available. That way if the Oilers lost and if the Oilers won the #2 draft spot, it wouldn't be quiet as bad.

On a serious note winning the entry round is really the only thing Oilers fans should be rooting for. McDavid and the team need an official playoff appearance. Chance to win the cup is what it's all about and under the circumstances the Oilers have a better chance than many/most. Also if we did get the #1 slot the bonus structure would be incredibly difficult to fit in the current cap situation. Even a standard 1st OA bonus Laden ELC could break the Oilers. McDavid could put a bad #1 into Calder talks just by sitting next to him on the bench... And then signing a another potential superstar... would be next to impossible after the ELC. While a good problem to have it would be a problem.

This is not a typical playoff season, I don't believe the players are really that interested in playing, therefore I hope we lose the play in series, improve our draft position and wait for hockey to come back in January, a well rested movtivated Oiler team with hopefully Lafrienere on the wing will be fun to watch.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Well that is 8 votes for not continuing the season.
NHL management at its worst.

Pathetic idea to hold this draft lotto in june. Play-ins idea was just as dumb.

I got to admit holding the draft lottery now was extremely stupid. I'm curious if they got decent ratings. Probably for the first time in a decade I didn't bother watching. Pre restart/minor updates just seem lame to me. I'm looking forward to the playoffs but every decision/activity leading to restart seems long drawn out and makes little sense.

As difficult as the situation has been I feel the nhl is just flopping around pretending to be relevant. It's hard to imagine they are serious about restarting the season. I think they could already be playing games if they really wanted even with covid restrictions.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Must be out of the loop. I just look for Taylor hall tending to find out what's going on.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Imagine the Oilers lose to Chicago and wins the lottery. An outbreak happens and the league is forced to cancel the remaining of the playoffs.

Reactions: Kolja

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
This is not a typical playoff season, I don't believe the players are really that interested in playing, therefore I hope we lose the play in series, improve our draft position and wait for hockey to come back in January, a well rested movtivated Oiler team with hopefully Lafrienere on the wing will be fun to watch.
You say that until the puck drops.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
So if the Oilers lose to the Hawks and don't win the 2nd draft lottery...

will they be picking where the Hawks would? 9th?
No, win percentage determines it, but they'd still be guaranteed to draft ahead of the playoff teams, and in that scenario, ahead of the Hawks

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
So if the Oilers lose to the Hawks and don't win the 2nd draft lottery...

will they be picking where the Hawks would? 9th?
Isn't the 2nd lottery going to be used to fill out the remaining slots?

Winner gets 1st overall
2nd = 9th
3rd = 10th
4th = 11th
5th = 12th
6th = 13th
7th = 14th
8th = 15th

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Isn't the 2nd lottery going to be used to fill out the remaining slots?

Winner gets 1st overall
2nd = 9th
3rd = 10th
4th = 11th
5th = 12th
6th = 13th
7th = 14th
8th = 15th
We get 1st overall or 14th/15th depending upon if PIT advance or not.

We have no shot at picks 9,10,11,12

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Anyone have a photo of an Oilers Lafrenière jersey ?

upload_2020-6-27_21-40-6.png

Reactions: Mav3rick07

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

It's a win-win for Oilers fans. If the Oilers win they advance to the playoffs and anything is possible with McDavid and Draisaitl on the team. If they lose they have a shot at Lafreniere.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

Would probably be the most talented top 6 in the league in a long time no matter who is the RW of that top line.

Puljujarvi is at best a 3rd liner at the moment

snag

Feb 22, 2014
You know now we are either winning the cup or winning the lottery....things are just set up to piss off other fans :P

Reactions: Cloned

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

If we get the first overall, we apologize to no one. And wishing to get the #2 instead of the prime cherry makes zero sense.
Do you want us to finish up as runner up for the cup too, so everyone else wouldn't be so mean to us?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

One of those names is not like the others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad