GDT: NHL Draft Lottery — Phase 1 | 6:00 PM | NHL Network, SN |

Who wins the #1 spot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
So let's say Oilers lose out in playin round and win the 2nd lottery. Do you keep 1st and take Lafreniere?....or do you trade down to 3 with Ottawa(including other picks/players) and get them to take a salary dump in James Neal? You still get a top 3 pick and free up a bunch of cap space to boot.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's weird how, after changing the lottery system specifically because of the Oilers DoD shenanigans, it seems to give the Oilers more chances to win higher draft picks lol.

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
Score one for chaos today. And by chaos I mean Taylor Hall.

Should have seen this brewing with the surge of Covid cases in Arizona. It was a sign of the building chaos that Hall was summoning to win the lottery. Can only imagine what's comimg for stage 2 of the lottery for Arizona to win.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Such as? 2.5% seems reasonable in my mind. It's just dumb luck.
For an individual team? Sure. But combine the odds of the teams ranked 8-15--soon to be 16--and the chances of shenanigans is pretty significant every year.

Like I said, under no circumstances should a team in the playoff conversation have any opportunity of taking the best player in the draft. Their chances should be 0%.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
So guys ... trying to figure out something.
If the Canucks lose in the 1st ... does Tampa or the canucks get that pick?

If I'm not mistaken, the condition was if the canucks make the playoffs. Tampa gets the pick.
Some Canucks fans, saying that's not the case.

It would be a pretty epic fail if Tampa got the pick .....

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nah, it's clear the Oilers draft luck left with Hall. Arizona will welcome Lafreniere at the draft.
I will vomit if Lafreniere ends up on that turd of a franchise in a turd of a hockey city. Pathetic city to have hockey in. Sickening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad