GDT: NHL DRAFT | Friday, June 24th, 5pm MT (NBCSN, SN) | Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
McKenzie had this kid 35th but he was much lower everywhere else I saw.

hattrick3518

Jan 31, 2011
B-Ham
Now I'm rooting for DeBrincat to fall to us at #40

Wouldn't that be nice.

*Quebec City/Seattle/Portland :sarcasm:

I would happily take the Seattle Hurricanes.

Philly got a steal with Rubtsov at #22.

They have done very well with drafting in the past few years, seem to be the beneficiary in more than one instance.

I'm not sold on Gauthier at all. I know he scored 40+ goals this season but I question his all around game. Seems like a one dimensional guy for sure.

If they can pair him with some defensive minded forwards it could work out just fine.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That's the most off the board we have so far, average rank of 64.2 and rated 58th on the average consensus. Button has him rated 34, McKenzie 35, and then at the lower end, Draftbuzz and TheDraftAnalyst both at 87.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Borgstrom's stock has been skyrocketing and in the prospects forum, people were mentioning he was edging into first round territory with some. This is a little off-the-board but not as much as some may think. I know some here were hoping to grab the DU product with #40.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So it looks like we're not improving the defense this year, either through the draft or trade.

Yey another season of Holden as a top four defender!

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I think they are slick. Much better than a certain burgundy and blue one.

thumb.aspx

Agreed....yuck...

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
So it looks like we're not improving the defense this year, either through the draft or trade.

IKR. Guess it's a matter of, ok, lets keep the status quo, do nothing, and hope that magical "on" button gets hit.

Sakic has failed to improve the blueline for the 3rd year straight.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA

Or, we could, you know...just not play Holden in top 4 minutes and assume betweem EJ, Barrie, FB and the two kids - we could cover that extra 4-6 minutes he should not be playing.

But...with Roy that may be asking for too much.

Hope that rumor of us dealing depth players for extra mid and late picks comes true tomorrow. Holden off the team is good even if he is a serviceable 5/6 because it won't let Roy have that bad option of playing him 22 minutes a night every single night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad