NHL Draft Combine

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Is there a site you can direct me to that shows which teams interview which players? I'd love to see who the Isles are talking to..with 4 picks in top 43 they better not be amongst the lowest interviewers this year LOL
I wish there was a list somewhere! It's pretty much just pieced together by comments of the players and maybe staff. Tomorrow when they get interviewed the players will say who they might not have interviewed with. Last year Dallas and NYI were pretty common in who they didn't talk to but you are right they should be doing more this year.

As far as Tkachuk, I read it was Matthew who asked the Flames to interview his brother lol,

Reactions: BTrotts19

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Apparently Mathew can play both wings anyway, so technically it could be possible.

I hope you are just making a joke. Teams without picks still conduct interviews, as you never know if a trade offer falls in your lap at a certain round. Maybe the cost to acquire the 4th overall pick is too high, but perhaps they have a deal in place for like 7th or 8th, and have a few players in that range that they would be willing to pull the trigger on. Teams have to do their due diligence and not just twiddle their thumbs. I guess they might as well not even show up for day one of the draft, right?

Yes, I was joking. But you're right the Flames might try to move up in the draft. Since the Flames executives and all teams executives are in town, they gotta look like they are busy. Anyway just talking with a player might garner some information about him, a teammate and that info might be used this year or maybe years away.

Reactions: Reinhart

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
I am hearing a couple of guys killed the bike today. Will wait to confirm or till report comes out.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Remember when everyone was freaking out because Laine was 6’ 3.75” instead of 6’5” ? Ah the good old controversy of heights and weights....I can’t weight(lol)

They measured too late in the day you see, Laine is 6'6 for a portion of the day before shrinking down to 6'3 apparently.

Reactions: VictorLustig

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
Random question
Has there ever been a case where a team didn’t interview a player at the combine and then drafted them?

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013
Random question
Has there ever been a case where a team didn’t interview a player at the combine and then drafted them?

As far as top-ranked prospects go, the Ducks didn’t interview Cam Fowler at the combine. He was a consensus top-5 pick prior to the draft and the Ducks didn’t think there was any chance he would fall to where they were drafting (12th overall).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Random question

As somebody pointed out above the Islanders didn't interview Barzal(but for the sake of argument they went into the 2015 draft without any picks in the first 2 rounds)

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Any additional information about Liam Kirk?

Saw a few minutes ago that he'd been recorded at 6 feet and a quarter inch whilst weighing 160lbs (making him the lightest player at the combine, 5lbs behind Boqvist)

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
The setup for this looks pretty cool empty. I had a game at harbor center a couple nights ago and they had the one rink setup for the combine with all the tables and workout equipment and not a soul to be seen in there.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The setup for this looks pretty cool empty. I had a game at harbor center a couple nights ago and they had the one rink setup for the combine with all the tables and workout equipment and not a soul to be seen in there.

I believe they didn't do physical testing a couple of nights ago.

Leopain

Jun 15, 2017
Pronman said on twitter that Kravtsov and Alexeev measured an inch taller than previously measured. That would be 6'3 Kravtsov and 6'4 Alexeev.

Also Hallander 6'2 and Noel 6'5.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Any additional information about Liam Kirk?

Saw a few minutes ago that he'd been recorded at 6 feet and a quarter inch whilst weighing 160lbs (making him the lightest player at the combine, 5lbs behind Boqvist)

Reactions: GBHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad