NHL Draft Combine

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Last year I followed Mike Morreale’s twitter and it was pretty informative, I just crave more lol. Will likely just do the same this year.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
They use with the CSS rankings to decide who gets invited. Guys like Eriksson, Berggren and Gustafsson were ranked outside the top 20 for European skaters.

The English player was probably invited because teams don't know much about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
So far, from what I know, Brady Tkachuk has met with the Oilers and Flames and Kevin Bahl has 23 interviews for the week!! :)

#NHLDraft2K18

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I loved it back when the league promoted this event and covered it. Not sure why it’s gone from showcase to dirty little secret.

It gets decent coverage here in Canada but no where near the buzz/steam that the NBA/NFL combine has generated south of the border. I think a lot of that has to do with the growth of the sports (moreso with the NBA, it's skyrocketed in recent years) and downward trajectory of hockey (particularly in the states).

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
Almost all players meet with almost all teams.
Even Dahlin and Svechnikov have met with 10 teams or so......
Just in case.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
When does the Combine end? Only reason I ask is I believe recently(like last 2 years) MacKenzie's list comes out the week just after the Combine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad