GDT: NHL Draft 7/23 R1 7pm ESPN 7/24 R2-7 Nhl Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Still some talent available.

Of course there's the great Peter Reynolds, who Chicago better pick at 172.

And then... Ty Gallagher, Jake Martin, Liam Gilmartin, Marcus Almquist, Elias Stenman, James Hardie
Reynolds and the last 3 listed went undrafted.

So fire every front office staff in the league I guess? And you wanted Reynolds drafted in the 3rd round? That would of been some supremely bad value.

That's exactly what I was pointing to yesterday, scouting sites rankings don't mean exact what value is, knowing where or what teams would of taken a guy is the real indicator for value

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I'll be honest with you, I hated this draft in just about every way. I haven't followed the prospects as much in past years but I am not clueless. They took a bunch of guys who are big and and can't skate. Like all of them.

The only one with NHL level skating at this point in their careers is Allan so they better get to work.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'll be honest with you, I hated this draft in just about every way. I haven't followed the prospects as much in past years but I am not clueless. They took a bunch of guys who are big and and can't skate. Like all of them.

The only one with NHL level skating at this point in their careers is Allan so they better get to work.
The scouting reports I have read do not mention the skating deficiencies that you claim. Please elaborate.

Reactions: ClydeLee

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Bobby, its simple. They can't skate.
Based on...? You literally said you didn't even follow the draft closely.

comments: In my opinion, Del Mastro’s skating could very well be the most impressive feature of his overall game. His skating ability is relatively surprising, considering most 6’4, 200lbs defensemen aren’t as agile or quick on their feet as he is.

Connor Kelley... His great skating and love for offense shows he’s a USNTDP-kid at heart but his calm defense and active stick show how much he’s already taken away from his college coaching.

You even said Allan is decent and he I see put below those two by people saying just average or nhl caliber like average.

The 6'7" guy is the only one that seems to get below average skating on reports.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
So the actual scouts win out over the google scouts.

I wonder if any had “Gretzky like” vision judged from watching YouTube videos?

kBIB=2

This forum= 0

Reactions: jaysoneil

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Based on...? You literally said you didn't even follow the draft closely.

comments: In my opinion, Del Mastro’s skating could very well be the most impressive feature of his overall game. His skating ability is relatively surprising, considering most 6’4, 200lbs defensemen aren’t as agile or quick on their feet as he is.

Connor Kelley... His great skating and love for offense shows he’s a USNTDP-kid at heart but his calm defense and active stick show how much he’s already taken away from his college coaching.

You even said Allan is decent and he I see put below those two by people saying just average or nhl caliber like average.

The 6'7" guy is the only one that seems to get below average skating on reports.

Allan is an adequate skater in my viewings

Colton Dach can’t skate but has a decent stride so I have hopes.

Del Mastro was not a good skater when I watched and saw him struggle at holding the blue line and getting beat to pucks dumped behind him by fore checkers.

Safonov truly cannot skate and probably never will.

Watching Kaiser gave me the most knowledge of Kelly and i didn’t come away impressed with his skating. The only thing I liked was his poise and he made a good first pass/ exit with passing. His skating wasn’t good.

I said I didn’t watch as much as I normally do, but I still took 1 hour or so a day at work watching guys and doing readings. I had my own list like I do every year. It’s all my opinions and I put a huge emphasis on skating.

I’ve seen the guys at Smaht say similar as well as Pronman but I’m not a Pronman fan so him agreeing with me is no endorsement.

Im not saying they can’t improve their skating I just would rather them take guys that can skate earlier on than take chances on bigger guys learning to skate.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
So the actual scouts win out over the google scouts.

I wonder if any had “Gretzky like” vision judged from watching YouTube videos?

kBIB=2

This forum= 0
Fraud pretending he was right when he was already proven wrong.

If I were you, I'd be too embarrassed to show my face around here for the next few weeks, but you do you, I guess.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Where did your boy Raty go again? All you need to know when we trust your player evaluation.
Truth, but kind of unfair.

This draft was mired with the pandemic. There’s bound to be a lot of wrongs on evaluation of the players this year

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
You think a few people are mad this year. Wait till next year when we use our second round pick on defenseman Lian Bichsel from Switzerland. They're going to flip. Fire Stan. Fire the front office. Fold the team.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
You know it's a pathetic draft when nobody taken is top 10 in your prospect pool, except maybe Dach at like 9 or 10.

newmanager

Feb 5, 2010
Well that was a fun draft. Always look forward to draft weekend and seeing fans reactions to players picked and the debates they generate. Looking forward to the progression of our picks and hoping they turn out awesome. I think as of today we'll have 8 picks in next year's draft. We have our own 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th as well as the Vegas 3rd, Oilers 3rd and Bluejackets 6th. Looks like a lot of good players in that draft. Maybe we'll find some.

Reactions: dougd

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Well that was a fun draft. Always look forward to draft weekend and seeing fans reactions to players picked and the debates they generate. Looking forward to the progression of our picks and hoping they turn out awesome. I think as of today we'll have 8 picks in next year's draft. We have our own 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th as well as the Vegas 3rd, Oilers 3rd and Bluejackets 6th. Looks like a lot of good players in that draft. Maybe we'll find some.
We don't have our own 3rd because Stanley traded it for a 7th round talent

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
With all the covid-related juniors and college league chaos, who knows how this draft will turn out?
Could be some more later round steals than usual (as there always are a few.)
Could be some more first round busts than usual.

Or maybe it turns out to be an ordinary draft year.
No clue. Let's check back in in 3-4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad