Nov 24, 2013
Stanley you dumb motherf***er you have one last chance

tenor.gif

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Honestly it would be a decent (perhaps unspetacular) draft if not for that turd of a first rounder.

You guys seem to like Dach more than I do but whatever, he's ok. He spent some time on my list but eventually slipped to the watchlist. Harding is a huge WTF but the only one of the day. It's not like I'm scouting overager AJHLers so maybe I'm missing something. del Maestro makes a lot of sense there, he disappointed me a bit at the U18s but that was also his first hockey of the year. Stjernborg is an excellent pick and IMO the best player of the bunch. Didn't pay too much mind to Safonov but he's a fine high floor/low ceiling guy. I like it a bit more if you can get him stateside this year. Don't remember too much about Kelley but he fared fine against men as a D+1. Luypen is a cog in that dynamite Edmonton team so why not take a flyer to see if there's something there.

Allan, though, whew.

By the way, a hat trick today for Raty in the Summer Showcase

Last edited:

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
I hope we can hire Gorton to be our gm once Bowman is fired. I dont even have as much faith in Kelly anymore considering the only dmen we have drafted and developed in the last decade that look to be anything were Boqvist, Jokiharju, and Beaudin. Even this year the fact that we went so D heavy in this draft already should tell you they have little to no faith in the guys we already have in Mitchell, Beaudin, Krutil, Vlassic, etc.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I hope we can hire Gorton to be our gm once Bowman is fired. I dont even have as much faith in Kelly anymore considering the only dmen we have drafted and developed in the last decade that look to be anything were Boqvist, Jokiharju, and Beaudin. Even this year the fact that we went so D heavy in this draft already should tell you they have little to no faith in the guys we already have in Mitchell, Beaudin, Krutil, Vlassic, etc.

Kind of where I’m at too. The drafting just isn’t balanced and it’s not like we are loaded at forward. Just throwing shit at a wall on defense and hoping something eventually sticks basically.

We need some legit top 6 talent at forward to go with Dach and Cat for the future. Hopefully Reichel is one of those guys soon.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kind of where I’m at too. The drafting just isn’t balanced and it’s not like we are loaded at forward. Just throwing shit at a wall on defense and hoping something eventually sticks basically.

We need some legit top 6 talent at forward to go with Dach and Cat for the future. Hopefully Reichel is one of those guys soon.
Seems like they’ll give Reichel every chance to make the team this year just by what I’ve read. They’re really high on him.

I know not everyone wants to hear this, but forwards are the easiest to draft. I don’t mind drafting more defensemen because it takes longer for them to develop and honestly are more important when it comes down to it. The forward core is fine for a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad