Prospect Info: NHL Draft 2015

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I'm very interested in Alexander Dergachyov for our second round pick. He is probably a 6'4" Ryan Callahan that plays Center (or RW). Could probably provide net pressence too for us.

I guess he would fit in as our third line Center but with special teams time, unless he thinks too highly of himself.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Anything involving Drouin and the 3rd overall pick would be stupid. People forget quickly how good Drouin really is.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
You wouldn't know we were 2 wins from the cup with all the moves people are proposing.

Exactly. Yzerman needs to stick to one strategy for the next 5 years: cut salary fat, keep core intact, draft players who can fill in the empty positions. Nothing drastic needs to happen to our core group of players.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Yeah I guess so. Cooper on the other hand does not need to stick his head into the gutter.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Exactly. Yzerman needs to stick to one strategy for the next 5 years: cut salary fat, keep core intact, draft players who can fill in the empty positions. Nothing drastic needs to happen to our core group of players.

your core group is only up to say 12 guys if you can get better by addition or subtraction you do it

i wonder what everyone thinks is core would i trade killer for the right deal absolutely is not too many guys I would say no to trades myself

hedman stralman bishop
stamkos drouin triplets
everyone else for the right player players im ok with personally if the deal is right but for a bunch vasilevskis killorn callahan flipper i want a superstar coming back a top guy in the league

guys below that doesnt need to be superstar but must be someone who impacts us correctly so is a lot of thought

basically we can use a rh d hopefully pmd who can run the power play well and plays great defense guy who can go up and down the lines and just overall a good solid player
also maybe a veteran winger thats up to our guys on that one though do we need an upgrade there I say yes

cut the fat jt brown and morrow can go we will have the money so move them bring in a guy for 3rd or 4th line like what we hoped morrow was but who can keep up pitch in a little fight in him type of guy a vet or a steal guy who has a little more upside or readiness then say vladdy

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
My draft hopes

1st round - Juulsen
2nd round - Meloche
3rd round - Hintz
3rd round - Dergachov (trade both 4th's for late 3rd if available)
5th round - Kolesar
6th round - Capobianco
6th round - Gennaro (trade 7th to move to mid 6th)

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm very interested in Alexander Dergachyov for our second round pick. He is probably a 6'4" Ryan Callahan that plays Center (or RW). Could probably provide net pressence too for us.

I guess he would fit in as our third line Center but with special teams time, unless he thinks too highly of himself.

I like him a lot

My draft hopes

1st round - Juulsen
2nd round - Meloche

3rd round - Hintz
3rd round - Dergachov (trade both 4th's for late 3rd if available)
5th round - Kolesar
6th round - Capobianco
6th round - Gennaro (trade 7th to move to mid 6th)

For once I agree with you. Not sure if Dergachov would be there in the late third, a lot of scouts have him as 1st round talent. First two picks are exactly what I would go for though

As for dealing for the #3 straight up using Drouin. I would do it if Hanifin were right handed. Strome isn't worth it. Marner is very similar to Drouin, but JD is a tier above him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I like him a lot

For once I agree with you. Not sure if Dergachov would be there in the late third, a lot of scouts have him as 1st round talent. First two picks are exactly what I would go for though

As for dealing for the #3 straight up using Drouin. I would do it if Hanifin were right handed. Strome isn't worth it. Marner is very similar to Drouin, but JD is a tier above him.

He's got first round talent but is no guarantee to come over anytime soon. I've seen him projected mid 2nd - 3rd. We could take him early 3rd and hope Hintz is there late. I think Hintz is a bigger Filpulla.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad