Prospect Info: NHL Draft 2015

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So what do you think we do with the pick this year? We don't really have any glaring holes in our prospect pool with DeAngelo and Koekkoek developing well. Goaltending seems set... Any standout wingers that could slip down to the bottom of the first?

Some sort of power winger, maybe. The cupboard seems pretty stocked for sure. Probably PBA with a trade option a little stronger than usual.

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
So what do you think we do with the pick this year? We don't really have any glaring holes in our prospect pool with DeAngelo and Koekkoek developing well. Goaltending seems set... Any standout wingers that could slip down to the bottom of the first?

We do what we always do. Best player available.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Having great prospects never hurts, especially since people will start to leave in a few years when they start getting paid.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
An very interesting prospect has "entered" the conversation for our remaining first rounder:
Noah Juulsen, a 6'0 defender out of Everett (they have produced quit a few decent defenders in the last years with Ryan Murray, Mirco Muller and Radko Gudas).

Plays a true 200 foot game, is very calm and confident with the puck, but tends to overthink situations without the puck. Overall he has PP QB qualitys, can deliver great hits for his size and is willing to battle. Good skater, but nothing special for his size.
Overall he sounds like a very very Nikita Nesterov esque defender, because is problems off the puck should go away with time.
His big plus is his right handed shot.
I am a big fan of such defenders and he seems to be one of the guys that is still flying under the radar, but the talent to become a great NHLer is there. IMO he has at least top4 potential, if everything goes right in his potential, top2 could be a possibility.

So yes, he is one of my favorites in the later parts of the first round.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Just found out that NHL.com scouting department has listed favorite teams etc. for many prospects, so here is the Lightning fan among the 2015 draftees:

F Fillip Chlapik: Good skating czech forward, that could be a serious option for our 2nd rounder (BOS) and would actually fit right into our drafting philosophy. Good skating, good skills, hockey sense and seems to do alright in his own zone.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Here's our official draft picks

round|overall #|round #|transaction
1st|#28|#28|NYR - Marty/Callahan trade
2nd|#44|#14|BOS - Connolly trade
3rd|#64|#3|EDM>ANA - Brewer trade
4th|#118|#27|ANA - Thompson trade
4th|#121|#30|
5th|#151|#30|
6th|#153|#2|ARZ - Crombeen trade
6th|#181|#30|
7th|#208|#27|ANA - Thompson trade

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I see TB getting a good value pick in my mock:

28. Tampa Bay Lightning (from NYR) – Brock Boeser – It’s a deep crop in 2015 and it shows once again at pick 28 when the Lightning grab one of the best goal scorers in the draft in Brock Boeser. While not being the fastest skater in the world, Boeser is a strong kid who owns an absolute rocket of a shot, a shot that can beat goalies in a variety of ways. The North Dakota recruit has some work to do and could take 3-4 years before making any form of a pro impact, but he should score plenty of goals once he’s ready to contribute.

If not Boeser? Paul Bittner.

http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/2015/06/final-2015-mock-draft.html

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Does Yzerman go for a forward or defensemen? We barely have any room for forwards on our team right now ahah, We have two stud defenders that I look forward to seeing in Koekkoe and DeAngelo, but why not draft more!

I feel like we have a lot of Forward and Goalie prospects already and the only Defence prospects I hear about are Koekkoe and DeAngelo (Nesterov is practically on the main roster, and Wistoski was also very impressive)

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Does Yzerman go for a forward or defensemen? We barely have any room for forwards on our team right now ahah, We have two stud defenders that I look forward to seeing in Koekkoe and DeAngelo, but why not draft more!

I feel like we have a lot of Forward and Goalie prospects already and the only Defence prospects I hear about are Koekkoe and DeAngelo (Nesterov is practically on the main roster, and Wistoski was also very impressive)

Hopefully best player available.

Still looking for specific types of players with specific styles. Mobility from the blueline is a must because of our style of play, two way right handed shots in the mold of a Trouba/Jones/Larsson. Noah Juulsen and Nicolas Meloche. Possibly Brandon Carlo.

On offense the number one attribute that they look for is compete level and puck control skills and hockey IQ, to run the puck control style of game, and speed. The power forward types they've drafted tend to be on the smallish side, it also seems like defense is a secondary concern in the draft year. Because of that I look for an Erne type to be drafted more so than a true, larger power forward.

These guys tend to fall in he draft, which is great. Think Filip Forsberg and the fact that Erne was there for us to take in the second round.

There was a lot of love towards Greening earlier this season because of his size/speed combo, but he doesn't have the offensive talent that I think Yzerman is looking for. Debrusk looks like the type of guy we would go for, small but plays huge along the wall, high tempo and hard nosed. Denis Gurianov I'm a bit iffy on, there were some knocks on his acceleration but he's got everything we would need in a power forward including above average size.

My first choice would be Noah Juulsen

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
Here's our official draft picks

round|overall #|round #|transaction
1st|#28|#28|NYR - Marty/Callahan trade
2nd|#44|#14|BOS - Connolly trade
3rd|#64|#3|EDM>ANA - Brewer trade
4th|#118|#27|ANA - Thompson trade
4th|#121|#30|
5th|#151|#30|
6th|#153|#2|ARZ - Crombeen trade
6th|#181|#30|

How did we not end up with any 7th rounders? I thought we still had one left from Anaheim. I know we traded one to New York, traded two last draft... thought we still had one left.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Our core players and pipeline are pretty healthy, so I hope we just draft BPA.

If it's our turn to pick and we have two players ranked evenly I'd prefer the defensman.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
How did we not end up with any 7th rounders? I thought we still had one left from Anaheim. I know we traded one to New York, traded two last draft... thought we still had one left.
Oops. Yep, you're right, we still have 1 from Anaheim in the Thompson trade.

But yeah we went through a couple. 2 were used to trade up for Brayden Point and Cam Darcy, and 1 was traded earlier this month to get Daniel Walcott.

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I'm nervous that one of the big 3OA offers Maloney received is from Yzerman. It's just crazy enough to be an Yzermove.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I still can't believe we got a high 3rd for Eric Brewer. Jedi Wyzard.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I'm nervous that one of the big 3OA offers Maloney received is from Yzerman. It's just crazy enough to be an Yzermove.

I doubt it no need to do it we have two legit top 4 defenseman in the pipeline. all we need is a decent 4th liner and fix the bottom pair defenseman.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I doubt it no need to do it we have two legit top 4 defenseman in the pipeline. all we need is a decent 4th liner and fix the bottom pair defenseman.

Yea I personally don't see it. Would cost Drouin strait up probably and I don't see us giving up on Drouin at this point. I think he is going to become a really good player within the next couple seasons.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Yea I personally don't see it. Would cost Drouin strait up probably and I don't see us giving up on Drouin at this point. I think he is going to become a really good player within the next couple seasons.

i'd trade drouin to buffalo for the number two draft pick

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I hate to say it but I would do Drouin+ for 3oa even if I really like his skillset. If he is not going to play on Stammer's wing we should get max value for him.

Oooor Cooper can get his head sorted out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad