GDT: NHL draft 2014 - Day 2 - Where we have no picks but JR trades Crosby for Cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
And the defensemen we took are a 2 year overager to boot! Feels like that Seymor pick a few years back.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Bubba ‏@BrodyCarter10 13m
Congrats to @jefftaylor94 just drafted by @penguins as were golfing #beauty

Awe-some.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
must be a pretty sweet feeling as I don't think he was a lock to get drafted.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
So another draft, another let down.

Here is the thing. I might come off as a negative downer. But in the later rounds the chance to get an actuall NHL player are pretty slim. Thats why im baffled with these safe picks. Almost everyone of them reads like "is a hard worker" etc etc. Hard workers can be had via FA either NHL or college free agents.

What im mad about are the lack of boom or bust picks. Like Zlobin a couple of years back. He had question marks, and still has, but we took a chance on him in a later round. I rather draft 10 zlobins and have 1 pan out as a scorer than draft 10 safe bets and 3-4 make the NHL as 4th liners.

We are severely lacking in the skill department, and we already have a lot projected grinders among our current army of NCAA prospects as it is. Thats why im getting a bit angry about us drafting the same kind of players in the later rounds year after year after year.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
must be a pretty sweet feeling as I don't think he was a lock to get drafted.

Well, neither was our 4th round pick who was ranked like 180ish among NA skater, didnt stop us form taking him anyway :P

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
You know.. I am sort of ok with not making many moves today and waiting for the coaching staff to settle in before any more major pieces are moved... if they can work with Scuds and Adams and Duper... so be it... I doubt that is true, but let them flesh it out on their own... I don't want too much change for change sake.. we are already less talented today than we were a week ago and we haven't even signed a single RFA yet

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
I would've liked them to grab Edgars Kulda in the 6th round this year. A long shot, but he has improved exponentially this past year and was the Memorial Cup MVP. He went to the Yotes in the 7th. A solid pick for a 7th rounder me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad