GDT: NHL draft 2014 - Day 2 - Where we have no picks but JR trades Crosby for Cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Thought that I would post a day 2 draft thread to be opened . . . well for day 2 when it starts:

2014NHLDraftHeader.jpg

tumblr_m2jitzCp4n1rsaq0to1_r2_500.gif

top30.jpg

http://www.hockeyprospect.com/nhl-draft-rankings/

Final ISS draft rankings (List updated June 3, 2014):
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=114013

Penguins' NHL draft page:
http://penguins.nhl.com/club/draftprospectbrowse.htm?cat=1

Here is the TSN draft page:
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/

Here is the NHL.com draft page:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/eventhome.htm?location=/draft/2014

Two more resources from Unrealmachine:
http://thehockeywriters.com/2014-nhl-draft-rankings-war-room-june-edition/
http://thehockeywriters.com/2014-nhl-draft-guide-the-next-ones/

Just remember that over a third of first round picks bust. Let's get this one right.

Round 1 Results:

No.​
|
Team
|
Player
|
Pos.
|
Drafted from

1|Florida|Aaron Ekblad|
D​
|Barrie (OHL)
2|Buffalo|Sam Reinhart|
C​
|Kootenay (WHL)
3|Edmonton|Leon Draisaitl|
C​
|Prince Albert (WHL)
4|Calgary|Sam Bennett|
C​
|Kingston (OHL)
5|NY Islanders|Michael Dal Colle|
LW​
|Oshawa (OHL)
6|Vancouver|Jake Virtanen|
LW​
|Calgary (WHL)
7|Carolina|Haydn Fleury|
D​
|Red Deer (WHL)
8|Toronto|William Nylander|
LW​
|MODO (SHL)
9|Winnipeg|Nikolaj Ehlers|
LW​
| Halifax (QMJHL)
|
10|Anaheim|Nick Ritchie|
LW/RW​
|Peterborough (OHL)|
11|Nashville|Kevin Fiala|
LW​
|HV71 (SHL)|
12|Arizona|Brendan Perlini|
LW​
|Niagara (OHL)|
13|Washington|Jakub Vrana|
LW​
| Linkoping (SHL)
14|Dallas|Julius Honka|
D​
|Swift (WHL)|
15|Detroit|Dylan Larkin|
C​
|USNDP (USHL)|
16|Columbus|Sonny Milano|
C/LW​
|USNDP (USHL)|
17|Philadelphia|Travis Sanheim|
D​
|Calgary (WHL)|
18|Minnesota|Alex Tuch|
RW​
|USNDP (USHL)|
19|Tampa Bay|Anthony DeAngelo|
D​
|Sarnia (OHL)|
20|Chicago*|Nick Schmaltz|
C​
|Green Bay (USHL)|
21|St. Louis|Robert Fabbri|
C​
|Guelph (OHL)|
22 | Pittsburgh | Kasperi Kapanen |
RW
| KalPa (Finland )|
23|Colorado|Conner Bleackley|
C​
|Red Deer (WHL)|
24|Vancouver|Jared McCann|
C​
|Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)|
25|Boston|David Pastrnak|
RW​
|Sodertalje (Sweden)|
26|Montreal|Nikita Scherbak|
RW​
|Saskatoon (WHL)
27|San Jose|Nikolay Goldobin|
RW​
|Sarnia (OHL)|
28|NY Islanders**|Joshua Ho-Sang|
C/RW​
|Windsor (OHL)|
29|Los Angeles|Adrian Kempe|
C​
|MODO (SHL)|
30|New Jersey|John Quenneville|
C​
|Brandon (WHL)|

* Sharks trade #20 and #179 to Blackhawks for #27 and #62
** The New York Rangers' first-round pick went to the New York Islanders as the result of a trade on June 27, 2014 that sent the Islanders and Montreal's second-round picks both in 2014 (35th and 57th overall) to Tampa Bay in exchange for this pick. Tampa Bay previously acquired this pick as the result of a trade on March 5, 2014 that sent Martin St. Louis to New York in exchange for Ryan Callahan, a first-round pick in 2015 and this pick (being conditional at the time of the trade). The condition — Tampa Bay will receive a first-round pick in 2014 if the Rangers advance to the 2014 Eastern Conference Final — was converted on May 13, 2014.

Wes C Addle

Bernard Shakey
Jul 4, 2007
Allentown, Pa
Would love to see some dead weight thrown overboard on Day 2. Scuderi/Adams (Scadams?) Lets see some ACTUAL cap dump moves and then have a shot to do something on July 1st.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, let's trade Scuderi for a 3rd/4th. He will NOT fit in with what Mike Johnston wants to do.

Craig Adams is as good as gone IMO, JR got rid of him in Carolina, obviously doesn't find him useful anymore, I bet we can get a late pick for him from a contending team who wants a veteran 4th liner who is a solid PKer.

I think that's all the moves we HAVE to make, I'm cool with us keeping Pascal Dupuis, we can't just completely overhaul the team, there should be some familiarity kept. He's a leader in the locker room and a fan favorite. I think Duper stays.

But yes, please move Scuderi and Adams.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Yeah, let's trade Scuderi for a 3rd/4th. He will NOT fit in with what Mike Johnston wants to do.

Craig Adams is as good as gone IMO, JR got rid of him in Carolina, obviously doesn't find him useful anymore, I bet we can get a late pick for him from a contending team who wants a veteran 4th liner who is a solid PKer.

I think that's all the moves we HAVE to make, I'm cool with us keeping Pascal Dupuis, we can't just completely overhaul the team, there should be some familiarity kept. He's a leader in the locker room and a fan favorite. I think Duper stays.

The thing with Scuderi and Adams is we hated them, so many think that they have zero value. But we hated them because Disco misused them, not that they were not useful in the right role.

Scuderi would be welcome on the right team, and do very well. Like Michálek in Phoenix when he did not fit with us.

Adams as well has a role to play, and even could with us if properly used. But some team would want him if we did not.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Push comes to shove, I'd offer to eat a million a year of Scuderi's deal to move him. Failing that, I'd buy him out. You can have one of the kids in his place and save money. That one, admittedly, is the 2nd to worst option available. It just happens that the worst is to pay him to actually play for the Pens.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
The thing with Scuderi and Adams is we hated them, so many think that they have zero value. But we hated them because Disco misused them, not that they were not useful in the right role.

Scuderi would be welcome on the right team, and do very well. Like Michálek in Phoenix when he did not fit with us.

Adams as well has a role to play, and even could with us if properly used. But some team would want him if we did not.

I think Scuderi is the most moveable out of SAD, but he also has that modified NTC and the cap has ****ed some teams over already. Good luck moving Adams, he's beyond being a veteran 4th liner and he can't skate, I think he plays 13th forward for the season.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm fine with moving Dupuis, let Spaling fill his role on the third line and PK. Get someone like Downie to play on the other side of Sutter.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
Wish there was a way we could get a 2nd to get either Barbashev or Lemieux.

Maybe by the time we pick Karlsson, Smith, or Aube-Kubel will somehow be around.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
I'm probably going to end up going to sleep like right before the draft because it's ****ing summer, so I hope I wake up with texts from the Pens saying we traded Dupuis for a second to get Barbashev. Or like we traded Letang for Pacioretty. Or we traded Crosby for John Scott. Or something like that.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006

I agree with you on Scuds. Adams....I just can't. I loathe that man with every fiber
of my being. I legitimately hate that guy...with like...real hate.

I've never even met him, and I don't hate anyone IRL. :laugh:

I think I might be a little sick in the head. :help:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I don't expect us to get a 2nd or 3rd but would be nice. Would've been nice to have Nashville's 2nd!

If he is somehow still available in the fourth round when we pick we should go with Kamanev.

PartyatMarios

Jul 2, 2010
Wish there was a way we could get a 2nd to get either Barbashev or Lemieux.

Maybe by the time we pick Karlsson, Smith, or Aube-Kubel will somehow be around.

This. Couldn't agree more. The more I read about Lemieux and especially Karlsson I would have loved to pick up a 2nd from Nashville or find another way.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This. Couldn't agree more. The more I read about Lemieux and especially Karlsson I would have loved to pick up a 2nd from Nashville or find another way.

We could move Sutter instead of paying him 3.5M. We just acquired a guy who can be a 3C in the Neal deal who will cost less.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
after the 2/3 round thins move so fast its almost impossible to make trades. any trades (of major proportions) involving picks will probably be made in the 2nd round is my guess. I read our new coach really like Baertschi (ofc since hes coached him). I wonder if there is a deal there to be made.

Also, we should really look into getting a 2nd rounder. still lots of talent on the board. If we dont find a suitor for Scuderi i wouldnt be suprised to see martin go for a 2nd rounder+something else. This due to cap reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad