GDT: NHL draft 2014 - Day 2 - Where we have no picks but JR trades Crosby for Cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Sure we retain.the rights longer. But i still feel there are often better CHL players om the board. Are we really taking a lesser skilled player just to.own his rights longer?

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Forwards!

giphy.gif

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
What's the stats on players making the nhl from different leagues? Feels like we totally overlooking the CHL and draft unknown players from lesser leagues who go the college route.

What's up with the obsession for.those players? ?
They also tend go to lesser hockey colleges. When's the last time a Penguin prospect was headedto U of Minn, Michigan, North Dakota, or Wisconsin? How BC or BU? We sure love the ivy league an Nebraska for some reason.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Sure we retain.the rights longer. But i still feel there are often better CHL players om the board. Are we really taking a lesser skilled player just to.own his rights longer?

I have no idea why but that's the one obvious advantage I could think of.

Okay, Jaden Lindo from Owen Sound is our 6th rounder. There's your major junior forward. ^^

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Jury is till out on this scouting staff... But they did some good things as well...

Like what? Picking kapanen? That should have been a no brainer. I'm sure Chicago traded up. Because the knew we would pick the college bound schmaltz otherwise.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

We've bad decent success with high school players like Archibald, Agostino and Hanowski. At least they're doing their homework, and digging all through NA to find these guys. But yeah, it sucks knowing they're half a decade away from turning pro.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Well. Sure we went. CHL now. But.in the 4th round there were actual scorers left.on the board. 2 rounds later, not so much

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
You love to complain. Yeesh.

A bit, yeah. But.im pretty sure our 183 ranked NA skater would have been there layer than the 4th round we picked him in. Better to get a better player and use a layer pick on him.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
A bit, yeah. But.im pretty sure our 183 ranked NA skater would have been there layer than the 4th round we picked him in. Better to get a better player and use a layer pick on him.

Every team has different rankings. After the first couple of rounds, it's really a crap shoot. There is no consensus when it comes to rank of player.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
And we complain every year about not.habing high end talent. And then it's the same each year. Safe, boring picks. Why can't we ever take Boom or bust picks in the layer rounds?

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod now
Interesting chatter out of AZ, as Coyotes are exploring some options and have been getting calls on Yandle.

Maybe Rossi will finally be right, 2 (or was it 3?) years later.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Kulda is still on the board... the Pens drafted an overage European CHL player after a great Memorial Cup run recently. Why not again?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 1m
Rutherford just said the Penguins could sign as many as four players on July 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad