NHL COVID player testing updates- JUL 27th Update. No new cases recorded. Total still 45

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It's not death people should be fearing with professional athletes but rather long term lunge/respiratory damage/effects.

I won't disagree there, but something tells me we're not going to see a large portion of them with lasting negative effects. I sure hope I'm right but only time will tell.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I won't disagree there, but something tells me we're not going to see a large portion of them with lasting negative effects. I sure hope I'm right but only time will tell.

There are reports of people having chonic fatigue syndrome months having being cleared of the virus. That would not be good for an athlete.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
There are reports of people having chonic fatigue syndrome months having being cleared of the virus. That would not be good for an athlete.

I know, but I don't think we know how common it is yet, especially since there are so many asymptomatic and unconfirmed cases. Let's hope it's not something that will effect a large percentage of the people who get it.

WATTAGE4451

Jan 4, 2018
what does that mean?
It means a lot arent taking precautions. Arent wearing masks, while some counties and cities have restrictions, some counties dont and people are packing bars. They then travel to other counties and spread it.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
So why are the numbers in the US skyrocketing?
Guess the ridiculous marches and riots are to blame, but are there other factors as well?

You would be guessing wrong. It's because people are treating life like the virus doesn't exist and going about things as normal (going to bats, parties, social events, not distancing, not wearing masks etc)

What a foolish and tone deaf post. You should feel ashamed.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
So why are the numbers in the US skyrocketing?
Guess the ridiculous marches and riots are to blame, but are there other factors as well?

The correlation between cities with protest and the cities with high numbers right now is ZERO. Absolutely zero. NYC, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc... some of the biggest protest cities... have seen zero spike. At most of the protests many were wearing masks and it was outside.

Its the states that opened up bars and restaurants and have not been encouraging mask wearing and have been downplaying the virus (especially Texas, Florida, and Arizona) that have been the problem.

California is a bit of an outlier in that they were a leader in taking it seriously, but the governor gave into the business interests and loud wackos like Elon Musk too early and now the LA area is in trouble.

Last edited:

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I know, but I don't think we know how common it is yet, especially since there are so many asymptomatic and unconfirmed cases. Let's hope it's not something that will effect a large percentage of the people who get it.
It’s shocking the amount of coronabros that use the term “permanent” in describing symptoms of a virus that is about 6 months old.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
The correlation between cities with protest and the cities with high numbers right now is ZERO. Absolutely zero. NYC, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc... some of the biggest protest cities... have seen zero spike. At most of the protests many were wearing masks and it was outside.

Its the states that opened up bars and restaurants and have not been encouraging mask wearing and have been downplaying the virus (especially Texas, Florida, and Arizona) that have been the problem.

California is a bit of an outlier in that they were a leader in taking it seriously, but the governor gave into the business interests and loud wackos like Elon Musk too early and now the LA area is in trouble.
Most people in Phoenix are wearing masks. Even places that are "open" often have limited capacity. Went into an In-N-Out Burger and the dining area was restricted to 1/4 or less of what capacity was and the few people inside were picking up food. Your gauge of what is occurring here isn't the best.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017

At least three players.

Will be interesting to see tomorrow what the total number of new cases in last week is. They usually announce on Mondays, or at least did so last 2 Mondays. It doesnt say if these Habs players were part of the original 35 reported last Monday or new ones.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Most people in Phoenix are wearing masks. Even places that are "open" often have limited capacity. Went into an In-N-Out Burger and the dining area was restricted to 1/4 or less of what capacity was and the few people inside were picking up food. Your gauge of what is occurring here isn't the best.

Wait are you going to argue that Doucy hasn't been downplaying the virus... Didn't stop cities from requiring masks... Didn't open up bars and clubs as cases were rising...

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth

You're right. Hundreds of thousands of people forming tightly packed crowds must have nothing to do with the rise in cases. The virus simply stops spreading whenever social justice is involved.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You're right. Hundreds of thousands of people forming tightly packed crowds must have nothing to do with the rise in cases. The virus simply stops spreading whenever social justice is involved.

Yup, you are right. There is a massive conspiracy in all the cities with protests to hide cases.

edit: In reality while many were wearing masks and it was outside... obviously there was a lot of risky behavior and you obviously aren't wrong that the virus doesn't care your motives for being out.

But funny unintended consequence to having massive protests going on... studies have shown a lot of people end up staying home locked in their houses not spreading the virus because there were big protests going on.

Last edited:

Azilis

Jan 20, 2013
Rochelle, IL
There's just no evidence that the protests have been responsible for increased cases. The data strongly suggests they are not responsible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad