NHL COVID player testing updates- JUL 27th Update. No new cases recorded. Total still 45

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
It's especially funny because the situation is actually rapidly getting worse in Alberta (edmonton specifically.) There's now a week long testing delay, and the last reported period jumped from ~130 new cases to 360+ new cases in one day.

"durr i don't see people saying the same things they've been saying for weeks in this thread, must be getting better!"

Its just about the stupidest thing i've read all day, and I read the proposed statement from the education minister in alberta to be given later today (it's very stupid.)

Read the articles bud. 360 cases over 3 days. Alberta's had a bit of a rise but it's nothing to overreact to.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Funny that this thread is crickets now that there's good COVID news. It's almost as if the "shut it down now" crowd is disappointed that the NHL season is going to likely continue. Sucks for them but good for hockey fans.

Where do you guys get this shut it down crowd shit from? I’ve seen no one say that.

it’s almost like you guys are trying to stir shit up

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Where do you guys get this shut it down crowd shit from? I’ve seen no one say that.

it’s almost like you guys are trying to stir shit up

There are tons of people who scream shut it down the second goes wrong. Plus all the experts that wisely predicted the season was over when it shut down.

Reactions: albator71

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Funny that this thread is crickets now that there's good COVID news. It's almost as if the "shut it down now" crowd is disappointed that the NHL season is going to likely continue. Sucks for them but good for hockey fans.
Spreading good news is not what is often done. Spreading bad news always somehow seems more interesting. When things are good, no one says a word. When things go wrong, everyone has a say. It just goes that way, lol.

Reactions: albator71

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
The NHL as done this the right way. They waited as long as possible to name their hub cities and it worked perfectly for them.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Encouraged by the lack of positive tests. Now they all just need to get to their respective hubs without picking it up along the way. NHL can make themselves look very good if they can pull this off without too many positive cases. Baseball seems ready to take the spotlight for what not to do.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Im honestly shocked that between the MLB, NBA, and NHL that the NHL would be the ones doing everything the correct way.

I didn't think the season would be finished when this all started - but I really think they can get this done

cvrle1

Jun 24, 2017
Im honestly shocked that between the MLB, NBA, and NHL that the NHL would be the ones doing everything the correct way.

I didn't think the season would be finished when this all started - but I really think they can get this done

Until SC is given out, I wont believe it can be done. Not because I am pessimist, but because there are way too many things that can derail this in a blink of an eye. Hope it doesnt happen, but most of other major sport leagues have been hit after restart in some way

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Until SC is given out, I wont believe it can be done. Not because I am pessimist, but because there are way too many things that can derail this in a blink of an eye. Hope it doesnt happen, but most of other major sport leagues have been hit after restart in some way
This type of sentiment was pretty commonly stated on this forum before teams reported to the bubbles. Now, in the midst of Round 1 seeing is believing. By the end of next week 2/3rds of the bubble teams (and all their staff) will have departed. It becomes logistically easier to maintain the sequesters. The pessimistic views are getting quieter.

The NHL deserves a lot of credit for how they’ve pulled this off.

Reactions: Sky04

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
This type of sentiment was pretty commonly stated on this forum before teams reported to the bubbles. Now, in the midst of Round 1 seeing is believing. By the end of next week 2/3rds of the bubble teams (and all their staff) will have departed. It becomes logistically easier to maintain the sequesters. The pessimistic views are getting quieter.

The NHL deserves a lot of credit for how they’ve pulled this off.

Or it gets harder because those same players will now have been inside the bubble for a month with no outside interactions. They could start getting antsy and want to leave the bubble for human interactions outside of there teammates.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Or it gets harder because those same players will now have been inside the bubble for a month with no outside interactions. They could start getting antsy and want to leave the bubble for human interactions outside of there teammates.
You sound like my teenage son, just being contrarian for the thrill of it.

There was discussion about allowing family into the bubble for the last 2 rounds. I think it’s likely they’ll do that. But either way, you’re still dealing with a fraction of the people you started with. They’ll also be condensed to one campus then.

It’s worth noting that there is stuff like golf outings, etc available to the players within the bubble. They’re not just sitting in the hotel twiddling their thumbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad