NHL COVID player testing updates- JUL 27th Update. No new cases recorded. Total still 45

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
Has anyone actually been sick? No, Minus a loss of smell.
Has anyone being hospitalized? No
Has anyone died? No

All athletes who have tested positive have been perfectly fine.

Get the games going.

agree with this. time to get back to normal. if ppl wanna play corona virus and stay home and wear a mask go ahead. im not willing to live like that over something that hardly kills anyone who isnt alrdy about to die.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
I hope every single person here crying for the season to be cancelled and calling it a clown show you better be hiding in your houses unless needed and ALWAYS using a mask when you leave and hyper sanitizing, because if you are gonna call out the NHL but if you break ANY SINGLE RESTRICTION you have then you are nothing but a joke. Even if it was to the store "oh its a quick trip I don't need to wear one"

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
This virus is pretty bad guys.
Even if it's another flu, it still kills people.
Now we have to worry about the flu , corona and the cold. Deaths will be in the millions!!!!!!!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I hope every single person here crying for the season to be cancelled and calling it a clown show you better be hiding in your houses unless needed and ALWAYS using a mask when you leave and hyper sanitizing, because if you are gonna call out the NHL but if you break ANY SINGLE RESTRICTION you have then you are nothing but a joke. Even if it was to the store "oh its a quick trip I don't need to wear one"
Also if they're so against the season starting up again then they should not be watching because that would be supporting the NHL's actions.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Containing this global pandemic and eventually beating it with as few deaths as possible is far more important that money, sports, etc. I want sports back as much as anyone, but I have perspective and priorities. Unfortunately not enough people do right now.

In Canada about 45k people die a year from smoking. In the USA , 48Ok. Nearly one out of every 5 deaths from both countries. Never mind chewing tobacco. Are they taking all those off the shelves or do they just keep raising the taxes on them so they can make more money off people who are “free” to choose how they live their lives? I think not. As the Wu-tang clan says “Cash Rules Everything Around Me”.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
I think everyone is over complicating this. Its really simple. At the end of the day if the majority of the players and the owners want to play and take on the risks, who are we to complain?. Especially if the health officials deem it safe enough to proceed. Its there choice. It seems to me a lot of people like to Jack off on telling others what the right thing to do is.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
And if anyone says we shouldn't trust the health officials because they are in bed with the NHL, then we have a problem. How can we trust those same officials with *our safety* if they are that easily corruptible?

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Has anyone actually been sick? No, Minus a loss of smell.
Has anyone being hospitalized? No
Has anyone died? No

All athletes who have tested positive have been perfectly fine.

Get the games going.

attitudes like this is why this virus is still spiking in some areas. Just cause the virus won’t harm or kill you doesn’t it mean it won’t harm other people. That’s something a lot people don’t seem to understand

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
attitudes like this is why this virus is still spiking in some areas. Just cause the virus won’t harm or kill you doesn’t it mean it won’t harm other people. That’s something a lot people don’t seem to understand
It’s also something us humans as a race don’t seem to care about. We’re scavengers by nature. It’s all me me me me.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

I have less then 10 cases in 4 months within my community. Each area is different and I get that but people are not gonna stay on lockdown forever it’s extremely unhealthy and insane. Be safe and live life.

Reactions: TimeZone

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
In Canada about 45k people die a year from smoking. In the USA , 48Ok. Nearly one out of every 5 deaths from both countries. Never mind chewing tobacco. Are they taking all those off the shelves or do they just keep raising the taxes on them so they can make more money off people who are “free” to choose how they live their lives? I think not. As the Wu-tang clan says “Cash Rules Everything Around Me”.
This literally has NOTHING to do with a global pandemic. This is even worse than the ''it's just a worse version of the flu'' bullcrap.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Sadly I don't even think it's about a lack of understanding, but more so about the fact that a lot of people are selfish losers.

Reactions: 42

rh71

Nov 12, 2005
Long Island, NY
Aside from the health risks... let's say 3 of your top 7 players on your roster contract Covid and now have to quarantine for 14 days in the middle of the playoff rounds.

Yeah, the rest of this season can't happen - there's no way this russian roulette can be seen as a legitimate way to crown a champion. Call it off now.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018

Thankfully laws have changed so that smoking primarily only hurts those that actually smoke. Or, to your way of thinking, those that make the choice to smoke. A virus is different, it attacks any living host so there is no choice: If you are exposed to it, you'll likely get it. After that, you're a bystander while the virus battles your immune system.

So the government can ban cigarettes altogether, but then the black market will just take it over and reap all the profits. A virus doesn't work that way, unless there is a vaccine $100 trillion dollars won't keep you safe if you inhale at the wrong time around the wrong person.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
People in here are equating support for the theory of a bubble with support for going to packed bars.

Reactions: um

snag

Feb 22, 2014
This virus is pretty bad guys.
Even if it's another flu, it still kills people.
Now we have to worry about the flu , corona and the cold. Deaths will be in the millions!!!!!!!

I personally don't worry about a cold at all.... And the flu I get a shot and never give it another thought. Last year I got a strain of flu not covered... Sucked... But that's life.

I will live cautiously but not fearfully. Living in fear.... That's not living.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
26 players now positive(it's not 15 total.....it's 26) and they expect to resume the season? LOL. It's absolutely LUDICROUS. It ain't happening.

And to those who shrug and claim that all these fit young athletes will be fine......well you don't know that. None of us do. SOME could have underlying conditions that are not related to Covid-19 that could cause serious complications. Organs can be effected. The lungs can be damaged. Blot clotting is possible. A young theatre actor had to have a leg amputated due to blood clotting, a few months back. Young people are dying from this too. It's frigging serious!!

I hope every one of them is okay. But the more that test positive, the higher the chances of that not being the case.

Imagine if (just picking a random name) Brayden Point dies from this, or loses a limb, or has complications that end his career. Are summer playoffs worth it?

NO.
Everyone on earth is going to contract it eventually.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I'm willing to bet decent money that not a single NHL player will die from COVID, even if they all get it.

I'm also willing to bet that not a single NHL player will have complications from the virus.

You're being a bunch of scared of everything grandmas guys.
That's a pretty ignorant statement. Your confidence is based on what, wishful thinking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad