XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Kaberle-Wisniewski
XXXX-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX

Halak
XXXX

what you think of my new and improved team

Here's my problem with your team: you have a lot of skilled guys, but they are more of the one-dimensional type. All your forwards are skilled, but none of them offer any toughness or physicality. Ditto for Kaberle.

It's great to have skill players, and at the same time, you have to compliment them with guys with character, physicality & two-way play. Having 1 or 2 guys like Clowe, Kunitz, Penner, Malone, Morrow & Backes may be superior to some of your selections. Or taking more of a physical, two-way guy like Seabrook, Edler or Marc Staal over Kaberle.

Also, in general, I am surprised that more people in this draft haven't put more of an emphasis on defensemen over forwards, which I think is opposite of what most NHL GMs would do.

With all that said, you've got some great players and plenty of time left to round out your team!

NYR Sting

Heart and Soul
Jul 4, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Also, in general, I am surprised that more people in this draft haven't put more of an emphasis on defensemen over forwards, which I think is opposite of what most NHL GMs would do.

I don't think that's the case in today's NHL. Not that blueliners aren't important, but I think that the most important position in the game is center.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
:kings

XXX-Kesler-Oshie
XXX-Pavelski-Perron
XXX-Turris-XXX
XXX-XXX-XXX

Doughty-Vlasic
OEL-XX
XX-XX

Luongo

I just really like those colours!

Turris was a good pick. I think you have the makings of a very solid team. Now, you just need to round it out with some good veterans.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I regret telling you to make the trade I wanted Kunitz!!!

Sorry! I actually wasn't even planning on taking him. I made the trade because I was targeting a different player, and as I was typing in the selection, I just realized that Kunitz made more sense at that time, given the youth of that roster, wanting physical presence, etc.

Hopefully I get my other guy with the next pick, and hopefully you do too!

NTP 3

Aug 19, 2010
Sorry! I actually wasn't even planning on taking him. I made the trade because I was targeting a different player, and as I was typing in the selection, I just realized that Kunitz made more sense at that time, given the youth of that roster, wanting physical presence, etc.

Hopefully I get my other guy with the next pick, and hopefully you do too!

It's cool, I just wanted Kunitz cause he fits my team very well I'm trying to build a very physical team and Kunitz hits anything that moves.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Thanks everyone for keeping things moving along. I was away for a couple of days and am back now, and have updated the first page with the selections in the draft thread.

I will make picks for NJ soon.

TheBigTicket

Aug 18, 2010
THE BIG BAD BRUINS

Nash(A) - M.Richards(C) - C.Stewart
JVR - Brassard - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX - XXXX

Jovanovski(A) - Bogosian
Ballard - Pietrangelo
XXXX - XXXX

Hiller
XXXX

I like the young core so far, just hoping to get the right balance from here on.
Thoughts?

johnnydollaz89*

send my list for the 10th and 11th round picks wont be here tomorrow or friday

TheBigTicket

Aug 18, 2010
cody hodgson isnt in the NHL and hasnt played a game for the Canucks. I thought we were having a separate prospect draft?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
cody hodgson isnt in the NHL and hasnt played a game for the Canucks. I thought we were having a separate prospect draft?

The NHL draft can include any player who could legally play in the NHL right now. So this would NOT include players that are in juniors or college, but could include players in the AHL because they could theoretically be called up to play at any moment.

And I suppose that if Hodgson never had his injury, he would be a pretty darn good 2nd line centre on most teams in the NHL right now.

Again, this draft is a theoretical means to asess what kind of talent pool a 26 team league would have, so freak injuries like what happend to Hodgson, or other NHLers who have missed time for fluke reasons (i.e. concussion), needn't necessarily be a factor; although guys that have been injury prone & injured often (i.e. Hemsky or Gagne), may not be as high on some GM's list, and for good reason.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
I'm actually rather impressed with how many people are managing to pick players that couldn't possibly be left at this point in the draft. Ctrl - F people.

MrAlfie

I'm actually rather impressed with how many people are managing to pick players that couldn't possibly be left at this point in the draft. Ctrl - F people.

Ctrl- F doesn't help much if the name of the player isn't spelled right... which happened to me.

johnnydollaz89*

loving my team right now :blues

Wolski-Backstrom-Alfredsson
Huselieus-Stepan-Pominville
Moulson-XXXX-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Kaberle-Wisniewski
Kubina-XXXX
XXXX-XXXX

Halak
XXXX

Ad