"NHL Contraction Draft" Discussion Thread

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Does anyone know if Stempniaksen is able to receive PM's? I sent him one but it's not showing up in my sent box.

Last edited:

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Trade Announcement

:thrashers receive:

VAN 8th round (195) + VAN 9th round (222)

:nucks receive:

ATL 8th round (192) + ATL 9th round (225)

pick upcoming

(thanks to stanleycuporbust for a seamless transaction)

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
It's been Three picks since I last asked for some opinions, so here is the updated Roster:

:sharks

Wayne Simmonds - Matthew Lombardi - Patrick Kane
XXXXXXXXX - Brooks Laich - XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXX

Mike Green - Luke Schenn
Braydon Coburn - XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXX

Tuukka Rask
XXXXXXXXX​

Bold = New Additions

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
Since Vancouver just went am I up? Seems like people have been skipped and I got no PM.

EDIT: Oops, there's a trade to explain that. I'm still about 3 away.

Last edited:

TheBigTicket

Aug 18, 2010
It's been Three picks since I last asked for some opinions, so here is the updated Roster:

:sharks

Wayne Simmonds - Matthew Lombardi - Patrick Kane
XXXXXXXXX - Brooks Laich - XXXXXXXXX

Mike Green - Luke Schenn
Braydon Coburn - XXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX - XXXXXXXXX

Tuukka Rask
XXXXXXXXX​

Bold = New Additions

good d and goalie but i dont like ur centers all that much. just no true number 1 but the prospect draft can help u

Mr Pipe

Mar 1, 2008
Scott Hartnell - Henrik Zetterberg - XXXXX
Brenden Morrow - Daniel Briere - XXXXX
Sean Avery - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX

Jimmy Howard
XXXXX

Any thoughts? I'm pleased so far.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
WOW! Three of the last four picks involve players that I wanted to pick :( ! haha

Scott Hartnell - Henrik Zetterberg - XXXXX
Brenden Morrow - Daniel Briere - XXXXX
Sean Avery - XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX - XXXXX

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
XXXXX - XXXXX
XXXXX - XXXXX

Jimmy Howard
XXXXX

Any thoughts? I'm pleased so far.

So far so good I'd say! Like the first d-pairing:laugh:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Trade?

Pittsburgh is potentially interested in trading up. So Pittsburgh's back-to-back 8th & 9th rounders for another team's 8th & 9th.

Please let me know if there's any interest.

HockeyH3aven

Jan 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL
C'mon chicago!! Buffalo is waiting at the bottom of the stairs with our pick :cry:

Gotta make this before I forget who I want lol.

Is anybody taking the handedness for defensemen into account? For the sake of completism/realism I'm going to endeavor to have a rightie and a leftie on each pair but I already have two lefties and the next one I want to draft is also left handed. Oh well.

KittysGotClaws

We See Red
Dec 17, 2008
N of BB&T
C'mon chicago!! Buffalo is waiting at the bottom of the stairs with our pick :cry:

Is anybody taking the handedness for defensemen into account? For the sake of completism/realism I'm going to endeavor to have a rightie and a leftie on each pair but I already have two lefties and the next one I want to draft is also left handed. Oh well.

Aw come on, the Panthers had 6 left handed d-men last year and that worked. :help:

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006

I think you have to take it at least a little bit. Obviously, there are many pairs in the NHL that don't have both handedness but you should probably have at least one.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada

this is getting ridiculous now

Guys, once you PM a guy, give him a few hours. But if you see he hasn't logged on in a day or more, just go ahead and make the selection.

When I look at people's last activity and it says sometime "today", I figure there's a good chance they'll be around and see the PM. But when they haven't logged on in a while, give them a few hours, and then keep things going.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
:pens

XXXX - Sidney Crosby - Johan Franzen
Taylor Hall - Colin Wilson - XXXX
XXXX - Brandon Sutter - XXXX
XXXX - XXXX - XXXX

Ryan Whitney - Kris Letang
Dmitry Kulikov - Dan Girardi
XXXX - XXXX

XXXX
XXXX

How you like me now?

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Given the number of good goalies still on the board, that's a great lineup. The only one I'm unsure about is Wilson, because I don't see him often.

I was interested in some good wingers, of course, but I do believe that it is most important to build from the middle, with strong centremen and defensemen that can move the puck. That's why I concentrated on filling out my top 4 D on both of my teams (Alberta & Pittsburgh) as a priority.

The reason why I liked Wilson is because he's got some pretty good numbers considering the amount of ice-time & the quality of the players he plays with on Nashville. He's a big body, reliable defensively and is a + player. I think if he got close to 18-19 minutes per night with some quality linemates (in this case, Hall), he'd put up some pretty darn good numbers, and is only getting better.

Sutter, also a good young centreman, is a big body, brings intangibles and also solid defensive play. His offensive upside for a 2nd/3rd line centre, even though his numbers this year have slipped a little, but that's also because of the linemates he plays with.

Both guys are young with a lot of growth & upside, but at the same time have proven to be reliable players who can contribute and won't hurt your team right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad