Pre-Game Talk: NHL.com Stanley Cup Playoff Bracket Challenge

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
This is over, whoever “figgie” is has won.

There’s 4-way tie for 2nd. (The last one didn’t fit all the way in the screen shot HFRG got 84 too.)

10AD23D3-0BE3-48E7-9A1F-BE04426C0985.jpeg

B1DB8639-9889-45D4-B8C3-CC8D556B08B7.jpeg

Nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This is the worst I've ever done in a playoff year ever.

Both conference finals wrong (I was insanely split on both of them though), Three of the four 2nd round winners I picked wrong. Dallas was the lone one.

Whoever I say will win the SCF is gonna be the team that loses.

Florida seems like they should win, but I've underrated Vegas all playoffs and they seem to really just be sailing under the radar. They even took out Edmonton, who I thought would come out of the west.

Reactions: Guttersniped

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
This is over, whoever “figgie” is won.

There’s 4-way tie for 2nd. (The last one didn’t fit all the way in the screen shot HFRG got 84 too.)

View attachment 713964

View attachment 713965
Nice.
Goddammit. When I was making the bracket I thought to myself that picking Bruins or Avs to win would be too easy. Huge favorites rarely win in this league and Avs were cooked even before the Nichushkin fiasco. They were just not repeating with that roster. I still thought Bruins would atleast make the final four since to me it felt like east was wide open.

I still blame Carolina more. Everyone and their mother could see that they were lacking firepower even before the injuries and especially afterwards but of course they had to play pretenders for couple rounds and score at will only to get embarrassed in the conference finals. Yeah Rod, you lost.

Well, atleast I didnt pick WPG to beat Vegas. I was thinking about that.

@Figgie the annual HFB NJD trophy will be coming to Finland though. Torille :clap:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goddammit. When I was making the bracket I thought to myself that picking Bruins or Avs to win would be too easy. Huge favorites rarely win in this league and Avs were cooked even before the Nichushkin fiasco. They were just not repeating with that roster. I still thought Bruins would atleast make the final four since to me it felt like east was wide open.

I still blame Carolina more. Everyone and their mother could see that they were lacking firepower even before the injuries and especially afterwards but of course they had to play pretenders for couple rounds and score at will only to get embarrassed in the conference finals. Yeah Rod, you lost.

Well, atleast I didnt pick WPG to beat Vegas. I was thinking about that.

@Figgie the annual HFB NJD trophy will be coming to Finland though. Torille :clap:
The only two pre-playoff predictions I wound up making were that Seattle is out in 4 or 5, no matter who they play, due to their pathetic goaltending. And Winnipeg is out in 4 or 5, no matter who they play, due to their late season death march and just being overall mediocre.

I struck out on the Seattle one and they came one goal away from potentially going to the third one. Nailed the Winnipeg one, but was like ''Wait, WHAT?!'' when Winnipeg actually won game 1 of that series (and looked pretty good and outplayed Vegas in that game) before losing the next 4 straight.

Reactions: FinnishDevil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad