NHL.com on Tyler Bertuzzi

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
No, its pretty widely accepted that the getting Thornton was what caused Cheechoo to have a boost, and even before his surgery he nearly lost half his ability to score goals.

He got the surgery right after 2006-2007 season, meaning he put up 69 points in 76 games, playing injured.

For the record "even before his surgery" is often another way of saying "injured".

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I am high on Bertuzzi, however I fear he may have his development stalled a bit this year, especially if Z doesn't come back.

With Rasmussen likely getting a winger spot and Zadina a strong possibility to play more than his 9, I can see him being taken off the PP and off a scoring line to play with the Helms/Glendenings of the world instead. I don't hate it, his skillset works in both, but I think having him be able to play on a scoring line again would really help his confidence in the offensive zone going forward.

I wonder if the Wings thought or heard rumblings some other team was gonna take him in that round.

In his initial prospect boards thread, a poster with very few posts who claimed to work at a scouting service said he was his sleeper steal of the draft and that Detroit took him this early because another team (I believe the Rangers) was targeting him before they'd have their next pick. Dude was dead on with his assessment so far, Bertuzzi is a player that plays better the more important the game is.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Bertuzzi is a player that plays better the more important the game is.

This is really on of big things on him. It has now happened twice, first he shined at Memorial Cup, then at Griffins playoffs.

I could see him going for a miracle run like Holmström at 1998 playoffs, when Red Wings will the next Cup. Important depth scorer, when we have all the key components for the contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad