NHL.COM closing message boards soon

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
By the way, video games are social interaction... It blows my mind there is still a stigma surrounding video games. My son plays video games at night...with his hockey team.

I gamed with guys 15-20 years ago...that I've met several times, and still talk to almost daily... Guys that wouldn't hesitate to wire me some cash if I was in a tough spot (we actually all did this for one of our buddies years ago, that was in a really bad spot). All I can say is...keep an open mind, and most things are great in moderation.
Just remember, cup winning teams bond over gaming. What would this team have done over the last decade if not for Mario Kart?

Reactions: LordKOTL

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
My (teenaged) kids aren’t allowed to play video games or turn on the tv. Once in a while on a weekend I’ll let them watch a half hour show on Netflix.

giphy.gif

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
This made me chuckle.

Reddit is brutal and toxic.

Edit: not a pot shot at you.

Just like this place there are toxic people on reddit but I wouldn't say the whole platform is. There are plenty of people who give good insight just like here. If you stick to the team boards or team subreddits the discussion is basically the same.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Just like this place there are toxic people on reddit but I wouldn't say the whole platform is. There are plenty of people who give good insight just like here. If you stick to the team boards or team subreddits the discussion is basically the same.

Nah reddit is far more toxic and far less informed.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just came over here after hearing of the demise of the other board.
Welcome noobie, first thing to know is I'm the most powerful, handsome, and funny poster here. I'm more powerful than any of the mods, so make sure you only ever listen to what I have to say.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
As an older guy, I get video game playing. But it just never interested me much. I had other things on my plate that...you know....were more fun. And hobbies that aren't game based but outdoors related. My buddies play with their kids all the time but I get the gist from the kids that the parents generally suck at it.

Reactions: AmericanDream

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
I went to the Blackhawks homepage and I couldn't find the link to their message board. It used to be under FANS, but it's no longer there.

Does anyone have any insight? Thanks.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Interesting, does anyone know why? I was on there at the beginning of the season and had been using that for over 12+ years. What a bummer!!!
Oh no, you're stuck with us now. What a horrible thing to have happen to you...

Reactions: d rake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad